02|The Funny Bone Is a Nerve?

A RUSSEL OF LEAVES INTERRUPED THE dreamless sleep Nico was having. He was not very appreciative about that. Looking around, the island was still deserted, he was the only person in the place. He couldn't exactly help that, but he was now tugging at him as thoughts drafted itselves to the inside of his brain.

     Last he checked, Percy, Piper, Annabeth, and Jason were gone, at sea and the God's forbid Nico finding an unfortunate soul of one of those demgods. Luckily, he had not felt any death threatening harm to the others, but they were probably hurt. But now that he mentioned it, there was a fight force tugging at him to explore the the island. He decided to ignore that small force and force it away.

     His head still buzzed, but that was it for the shoulders up. Shoulds down.. Well, his forearm still felt hollow and his ankle anched. He probably dislocated his ankle, rolled it, but that was no biggie. He has had worse. Dislocation, probably a broken, fractured arm.... He had been spending too much time in the Infirmary.

     He shook his head and glanced over at the sun. It was setting and he must have been west of the island. That didn't matter though. West, you saw a sunset everynight and your eyes will be sore from watching pink and blue cotton candy for about an hour. He was glad that he wasn't East though. Sunrises killed him.

     He got up a bit to fast and fell back down, a bit dizzy, but then stood up and limped to the sea. The water was cool. Not cold, nor hot, nor warm, but cool. In the middle of cold and warm. Just right. It was probably from the sunsets. The colour of the ocean though was terribly blue, as blue as Will's eyes.

     He had glaring contests with Will from time to time in the Infirmary within those three days, and the time he just hung there because he felt at home and able to help those who were dying. Surprisingly, the Infirmary made him feel useful, not dreadful. But he would never admit that though. He could use the Infirmary right about now though. (A/N: I'm surprised. Nico actually likes the Infirmary. That's one in a million.)

     But than again, Nico would have to stay there with Will demanding him to eat, to sleep. He'll sleep, he'll eat, just not when demanded to. That was one of his favourite things to do. When someone told him to do something, he wanted to rebel and not do it, even if he would want to. If it was a once in a life time thing, he wouldn't rebel, but if not, he obviously would.

     He was getting off track. Anyway, he flooded his broken arm into the water and hissed at the spikes that shot up it. He hated when he had to clean a wound. It always hurt. His arm felt hollow, and was starting to ache now. Good idea, Nico! Why don't you throw yourself into that jar of yours too?

     He hat down criss-cross, his legs getting wet from the water, his pants only got soaked this time, but he didn't care.

     He rubbed his thumb softly over his arm and didn't dare get tense to make it hurt worse. He ignored the pain in his ankle for a while, but now it was coming back from the water. He foot laid limp as he uncrossed that one leg and then realized that he was so lucky to have the injures on different sides. He set that fact aside and paid attention to his arm again.

     The real pain was dimming, but the aching was getting worse. Water and storms coming always did that to broken or used-to-be broken bones. So he could tell he'd half to wrap it up in leaves for a hundred and one days till his saviour decided, Oh hey, there's the kid I was supposed to save months ago. I should probably save him now then, ahahahaha. That was a breath taker.

     He took his arm out and then soaked his foot and leg. He started doing the same thing with his foot, rubbing on it gently, feeling to see what hurt, inspecting if it was swelling or not.

     But his mind was still on his arm. (A/N: Facts.. :/) Maybe his Radius was broken? His Humerus wasn't. His funny bone was actually a nerve. His Ulna was the top bone in his forearm. It seemed to be hurting on the lower bone place, not the upper.

     Ugh. He should worry about that later. He was-

     BlooP.

     His head slowly turned to the noise, glaring at whatever it was. Probably a bird trying to do his business in the part of the beach that Nico was by. Or on. He winced as he expression from confused to, 'Holy Hades, what the Hel?'

     The bird droppings made exquisite touches to Nico's figure. White upon black, a master piece. For the bird at least. Nice aim, good soldier. The bird cooed to Nico then, with as innocent sparkle in it's eyes, flew off.

     "Why, you..." He grumbled, not-very-threateningly. He wasn't trying to be threatening anyway. He just needed to kill a bird. Where in the name Hades underpants was his sword anyway? Off at sea with some dead guy? Probably, considering his chances.

     To his luck, something, other than innocence of a bird who just pooped on him, sparkled in the sea. He got up, leaning onto on foot more than the other and bent down, ruffling his hair in the water. After, he started to the pixie dust.

     It was sliver actually. Sliver silk, on arrows? Which meant Bow and arrows, a quiver too. He was waste deep in the water as he finally grabbed the quiver and took a slip to the underwater while trying to get the bow. Once he resurfaced, he started back to the moist, hard sand and plopped down on it.

     He was gasping, hoarding as much air as he could. He hated going under water like that. Especially after getting sunken by a storm almost. 

     The quiver, which held the arrows, and bow were in two different hands. He sat up and looked on the quiver anything that might've seen who's it was.

W. SOL

     Nico almost screeched again. It was Will's! Which meant Will must've been somewhere around here.. He could go looking for Will with an injured ankle. He needed to banage himself up first, then go find the blond-haired, blue-eyed miracle worker.

(I know, I know. It wasn't as long as the last two, but no Will is in this, but hope was shed for Nico finding another demigod. Imagine how injured Will must be if Nico got his head, arm, and ankle hurt. Will probably has a concusion to help that fact. I don't know yet though.

I made it clear the funny bone is a nerve, right? Truth is, the Funny Bone is a pun which the literal term for it is Ulnar nerve. It's a nerve connecting the Ulna to the Humerus and it is right at the elbow. People commonly mistake the Funny Bone as an actual bone, but I hope I cleared that up for ya. Your Ulna and Radius create your upper and lower pair of bones in your forearm, while the Humerus stands alone as the upper arm. The nerve that connects the Ulna to the Humerus is right on the bottom side of the elbow, south side of the elbow. When you hit it, it courses shocking pain through your Humerus mostly, but not as much to your Ulna.
I honestly don't know why I'm giving a Science Lesson about Funny Bones, but i'll leave that for the experts. Bye.)