o n e

°°°

In a valley full of fine residences, a mansion stood tall. With walls made of the finest products and it's roof made sturdy, it's garden planted with the most exquisite flowers, and a wall stood protectively around it, keeping people to go any closer. There, on the highest window, sat a lonely girl.

She was utterly attractive for being so young. A small nose above perfectly-shaped lips, brown curls landing on her petite shoulders. And captivating heterochromia eyes that blinked slowly as it reflected the view before her. But there was something missing that every child had, that every child was suppose to show- emotion.

Unlike the other children, there was no smile that shone brightly while playing, there was no laugh that echoed through the air when someone uttered a joke, there was no eyebrow that rose whenever there was a question, there was no eyes narrowing when she was intimidated or irritated, there was no eyes that widened when they got shocked or surprised. There was no feature on her face that showed any signs of emotion. It was as if she was trained professionally.

She stared out of the lonely window in a trance, as if everything her eyes landed on swallowed her whole. It was then broken when an auburn owl flew towards her window, hooting.

It may not seem like it, but she was confused. As the owl landed on the window beside her, she can't help feel curious as she glanced at the letter in claws of the grown owl.

Untying the rope, she grabbed the letter in her fingers and patted the owls head gently before it flew away once again.

She opened the letter, reading it carefully as her eyes went from word to word.

Hogwarts?, she thought. And for once, she never felt so excited. This was her chance, her chance to escape this house and her horrible parents. It was like suddenly having the knowledge of where the end of the maze was.

With a hint of excitement in the air, she made her way downstairs, passing huge paintings and fancy decorations in the process.

She halted in front of a huge door, it's doorknobs painted in gold which was always newly polished. She knocked gently and with a breath, her fingers grasped the cold metal and pushed it open, revealing a study showered with books in every shelf.

"And what brings you here in your only free day?" Behind a desk, a man sat writing with a quill under a lamp light which seems to be floating in mid air. The scratching of the quill stopped and the man looked at her.

She shuffled slowly till she stopped in front of the man's desk and placed the letter neatly in front of the man.

The man picked it up, staring at the stamp which sealed the letter. And, as if he knew what was inside, he looked back at his parchment and continued writing.

"And so?" He questioned. She felt flabbergasted, waves of nervousness began hitting her.

"I was hoping you would let me-" But even before she could finish her plead, the man spoke.

"No, you shall not go to this school," He said. She bit her lip, she should have retreated by now but this was her only chance and she did not want it to slip by.

"But if you can let me go-"

"You shall wait till I grant you my permission to enter that school. You are dismissed" he interrupted her once again, and she felt that gleam of hope disappearing.

"Please, if you can just-"

"I said you are dismissed" his voice was stern, she took that as a warning and left with a cold feeling dreading in her.

Her little gleam of hope was gone, and as if she knew that feeling all too well, she stared out the window like nothing had happened.

°°°