Chapter 26

1 year later..

Tala looked at her reflection in the mirror. She's wearing a gray sequined tunic and her Levi's Lady Style Jeans. Her peep-toe pumps completed the get-up. She tied her hair in a pony style and dab a slight amount of make up on her face. It was 5 o'clock in the afternoon and she'll be off somewhere.

As soon as she was finished she heard a honk of a car outside her apartment. Tala grabbed her purse and headed towards the door.

A black Toyota Vios came in her view as soon as she was out. A guy wearing a red polo shirt and denim jeans is waiting for her outside the car. The guy smiled as soon as he saw her and approached her with a kiss on the cheek.

"You look beautiful." the guy told her with admiration in his eyes.

"Thank You, Taylor." she answered and gave him a smile.

"Shall we?" Taylor asked as he opened the door of the car's front passenger seat and gestured for her to go inside.

As soon as he was in the driver's seat, Taylor started the engine and drove off. He had asked her to go watch a movie and then have dinner afterwards. It was Sunday and she has no work so she agreed.

She and Taylor had gotten back together for five months now. He was persistent asking for a second chance and she allowed him so. Her friends, most especially Cassie went frantic about her decision the fact that he had hurt her before and that they hate him, but soon as she gave them her reason they let them be. All of her friends agreed that she needed to forget Seung Hyun and that Taylor is perfect for a diversion. Tala knew it was an unfair decision both for her and for Taylor but she told herself that she needed this. And it was worth a try to give Taylor another chance but still, she vowed never to let her guard down anymore. And she also questioned herself whether or not she loves him again. The question is still left unanswered even within the past few months that she's with him. Tala didn't even know why she's still trying.

So far Taylor hadn't done anything that would cost their relationship to fail. He'd been always there for her, always calling and texting her, always picking her up at home or from work, always asking her out and so on. There were no signs of infidelity or whatsoever. But she thought, if there will be, maybe she would no longer care. As far as she was concerned Taylor was playing a good part as her diversion. She felt bad for him but at least she tried. Although she knew in her heart that she felt nothing for him anymore. Other than guilt and pity, there was none.

A year had passed but she still longs for someone else. Someone whom she couldn't forget. The memories gave her a sting on the chest every time she lingers on it. An awful longing and regret follows afterwards. From time to time she asks herself questions like where he is now? How is he doing? Is he happy? Is he.. committed? And those questions gave her heartaches. She couldn't bear the thought of it all. He was now gone and there's no way that she could turn back time.

She hadn't heard from him for a long time as well. She thought maybe, he really doesn't care about her. Maybe he doesn't even remember her. Which could be possible, since she was just a nobody. And they'd only met for a couple of times so why would she even expect that he still thinks of her. There was a sudden twinge in her chest. Why was she even expecting anything?

Tala was in a lost when suddenly Taylor's hand held hers. She was a bit startled.

"What seems to be the matter?" Taylor looked at her, his voice with a hint of concern. "It looks like something's bothering you." He squeezed her hand.

"N-nothing. I was just.. I was just thinking of something.." she answered. "It's not important." she gave him a smile.

Taylor looked at her for awhile and he half-smiled. Tala went back in looking outside the car window.