chapter 12

Hermione's P.O.V.

This was probably the worst day of my life... As if the death of my parents wasn't enough until the sight of all memories of me leaving my best friends' mind was added to it....

And above all that, the only place I ran away to was the place where I found the bodies of my dead parents with a note saying:

We wish this is pain enough for you, you filthy mudblod... But if it's not we can do more.....

And the paper was signed by the death mark... Their mark....

I shuddered at the memory... It was very painful... Seeing all the bruises they had all over their bodies.... I always wonder how much pain did they endure???

I pushed the memories and thoughts of them out of my mind, and that's when I noticed that the others had been snapping in front of my face and shouting at me for a few minutes...

"Sorry, I just dozed off... We need to put some protection around the house... Draco and I will do it, you go inside..."

They nodded, took Rose, who had waken up, from my hands, and left me and Draco outside.

I took out my wand and started doing the enchantments when I remembered doing it to protect Harry Ron and I...

Tears started running like rivers and I didn't do any effort to stop...

Suddenly, everything became black...

I woke up in bed sometime in the morning, or was it the evening?.. I didn't know...

"Ohhh you're up..."

That's when I noticed Draco sitting by my side.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"Since yesterday... Now it's 12 in the afternoon... How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I said sitting up in bed.

"Can I know what happened?"

I told him what happened to my parents here and about the pain they all left...

"I'm glad you told me... If you want we can move out of here..."

"No we have to stay for now... We need to call a meeting with the others and plan what we have to do..."

"Alright let's go down then they are waiting for us."

We went downstairs and found everyone waiting, just as Draco said.

I sat down and said,

"I need to go talk to the minister, and see if he can provide us with other houses in magical neighborhoods, as Soos as possible. We can't stay here long, if the deatheaters track us they will find us easily because no house can disappear in seconds without any magical interference..."

"Yeah you're right. If the minister could give us 3 houses it'll be great" added Theo.

When they all agreed I said,

"Alright then, I'll go in an hour."

"You won't go alone, I'll go with you." Added Draco.

"Yes you'd better do, and I have something I need to ask you about as well."

An hour later Draco and I were ready to go. We were to go to the Australian ministry for magic by the visitors entrance, as we don't work there, and to do that we needed to go using muggle transportation.

We went to the nearest train station, which was not very far, and took the first train going to our destination.

I thought it was best to ask Draco about that thing now...

"Um... Draco I wanna ask you about something.." I said.

"Go ahead", he said sweetly.

"You know..back at England..your mother said something about a tattoo. At first I thought it was the death mark, but then I remembered that that one won't ever fade... So may I ask what tattoo was she talking about?"

"I knew you're gonna ask about that sometime..." He stopped for a while, looked at me, then said, "when I first joined the deatheaters, my father made me an enchanted tattoo, this tattoo will be present as long as the deatheaters still have power.... As long as 1 deatheater has as little power as possible the tattoo will stay there... Mum said that we shan't go back as long as the tattoo is visible even though faintly..."

I admit I was shocked....

"My father gave it to me so that if they were caught or in trouble I can help them, but he didn't think that I might use it against them..."

That was amazing, and yet not... I didn't know what to think at all..

But thanks God I was saved by our arrival at the train station..... Phew

Draco's P.O.V.

We arrived at the visitors' entrance which was just around the block from the station...

The Australian ministry was wayyy smaller than the British one...

I was a bit disappointed, as I was expecting something a bit better, and at least larger....

Hermione, who seemed to notice what I was thinking, said,

"Yeah it's smaller than the British ministry and ours is way better, but the wizarding population here isn't as big as the one back home..."

I was a bit nervous, I always hated meeting new people... But this time it is new ministers not normal people... So let's see what'll happen....