My Haven.

Soph💞
10:36pm

Wy.

Wyatt.

...Wyatt please wake up.

                                         Hm?

I need you to come pick me up.

                                  Why ? What happen to your date ?

I'm in the parking lot of Walmart.

No questions now.

Just come pick me up. 

                               I'm on my way.

                       ***

      A million thoughts ran through Wyatts' head. The thought of Sophia being left in the parking lot by her date made the boys blood boil.

     He put down his phone and stood up from the bed he once been sleeping in. He scrambled to his closet and searched for two hoodies, one for him and one for Sophia incase she needed it.

     He picked up his pace of getting readys as he continued to think about his bestfriend.

    The boy quietly and slowly opened the door, trying hard not to wake his sleeping parents in the next room.

As the plan of leaving his room without making any noises succeeded, Wyatt curiously peeked his head in the next room, making sure none of them were awake.

     After he confirmed he was good to go. He continued down the stairs with a decent pace. He looked around for his car keys as he became more and more impatient with herself.

      He was now safetly outside and getting in his white bmw, that had been brand new from his birthday last month. I'm on my soph. I'm on my way.

     "He's a nice guy wy, it's just alittle date."
"What if it's just all bad intentions, what if he wants to do more than go to a movie and dinner."
"Wyatt, you're over thinking this. It's fine. I promise."

    After a couple of minutes of driving, he found himself in front of the local Walmart. He drove up and down the parking lots, searching for the red head.

      The boy squinted at a black figure scrunched up where the workers pull the baskets in. He parked in the closest parking lot before running towards the shadow.

      "Soph ?!" The shaking girl looked up with fear in her eyes, not reacting the way Wyatt thought she would, she instead sat there, as if someone was keepong her hostage and she wouldn't dare to move.

      The sight of Sophia like this made a stream of hot tears run down the boys rosey cheeks. He reached down to only come back up with her cradled in his arms.

       Wyatt walked over to his car with his life long friend in his exhausted arms. He tries his best to open the car door, succeeding in all.

      He carefully places her in and wraps the hoodie around her. He gives a reassuring smile before closing the door, taking a deep breath.

      As soon as the boy was fully in the car a quiet voice broke the silence. "It was supposed to be a harmless date...but he took me to this parking lot and tried too..."

     Tears formed in both of their eyes as they sat there. "How did you get away ?"  The boy was shooked to hear a giggle escape the girls lips.

      "I uhh, punched him in the face, and when that didn't work, I kicked him in the nuts."  This caused the boy to let our a light chuckle as well. The silence took over once again.

      Sophia gently placed a hand onto the boys shoulder. "Thanks, you didn't have to come. I know it's late n all. I knew my old man eas at home drunk, he wouldn't help the situation."

       Wyatt nods as he looked over to the girl. She had a light smile, the same sile that had somehow always made everyone feel better. "You're not hurt, right?"

      She shook her head before removing her arm to run her shaky hands through her short, red hair. "Nu uh, just alittle shooken up."

       The boy sighed in response, not exactly sure what to do next. "Do you want me to take you home ?"  Sophia sat and thought for a moment, looking out the window, admiring the dark blue sky.

     ""No, I just wanna sit here for a minute."  She continued to stare off, closely focusing on the little compliments of the stars.

      "I wonder what it's like."  The girls' comment caused Wyatt to raise an eyebrow. "What ? What's like ?"

      Sophia smiled as she fluttered her eyelashes. "To live in the sky , to have no problems ir worries "  The boy tilted his head a bit. The possibility started to run through his mind as well.

       He leaned against the door, setting his head on the window. He began to concentrate on the sky.as well. Carefully counting the stars. The boy flinched alittle as he felt a hand grip onto his. A smile began to appear on face as a sigh of relief escaped him.