Chapter 6: Billionaire at a Bar

There's nothing that money can't buy.

When you have millions of dollars at your fingertips, everyone is willing to bow and come at your every beck and call. This only exponentially increases when you have the likes of talent, reputation, and beauty with it. And when you have all four of those—well, men will be throwing their affections to you, women will want to be you, and you'll be getting calls day in and day out. Life will be perfect.

And if it's not, there's nothing that money can't buy.

I slid into the bar seat. Then, as I took off my sunglasses, I stated, "One margarita, please." Wordlessly, the barista made one for me. She took a little bit longer than I wanted, and the presentation was a little messier than I wanted. Still, I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and took a sip.

Ugh.

I pushed it back. With a grimace, I gagged, "I can't drink this. Make it again."

"Miss, what—"

"I said make it again." She took it back, poured it out, and went to remake it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bartender attending some customers near the end. And just looking at him, it was clear that he was my time: a neat and polite man with dark hair. Oh, and he had the smile of an angel.

Completely disregarding my barista, I scooted down to where the gentlemen were sitting and embedded myself in their conversation. "Hello, I couldn't help but overhear what you were talking about." I let my breasts rest on the counter. "Care if I join?"

One of the men laughed. "I don't think a woman like yourself would want to talk about the unsightly things that we men are talking about."

Of course not—no one willingly wants to talk about what you're talking about. But try me. I smiled and rested my face on my hand, letting the red light above grace my face attractively. "That makes me all the more interested, sir." I glanced at the bartender. That smile still graced his face. And now that I see him up close... wow, what an angel!

The man turned to the others as if he was seeking their approval. They all nodded, approving of my proposal. He turned back to me. "Alright, well, let's talk."

They then proceeded to talk. However, I couldn't care less about it—the entire time, I was just laughing along and staring at the bartender and listening to him when he chimed in or laughed. And wow... was he breathtaking. I feel like a light was just radiating from his teeth.

Suddenly, they turned to me and asked, "Have you tried this bar's specialty?"

I blinked. "Specialty?"

"It's a margarita. A red margarita," he specified, "or at least, it looks red because of the light in the room. Either way, it's the best margarita in town—hell, the world!"

Turning to the bartender's direction, I said, "I'd love to try it."

"You heard the woman!" one of them exclaimed, turning to the bartender. "Mr. Bartender, please give this beautiful a taste of your specialty! She has to learn about your craft!"

In response, the bartender chuckled. "Sir, although I would love to fulfill your request, I am unable to make it for anyone and everyone in the bar; I have to fulfill some prerequisites before I can offer it."

"Come on, man!" he exclaimed, smacking the man on the back. I winced. "You've let us get a taste of it without your so-called 'prerequisites'! Can't you do another man a favor and just make her a small glass? Please?" He flashed some money. With one eyebrow arched he offered, "I'll pay you double."