Chapter 1

My carriage pulled up infront of the Trancey Mansion.

"Oh the estate looks so enchanting this time of year! Don't you agree, Mittens?" I asked and looked down at the kitten in my lap. She looked up and stared me in the eyes.

'Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that? Its degrading.'

"Fine. But Penelope is not a good cat name. So you should probably pick a new name." I told her and jumped out of the carriage. I ran up to the door and knocked. It opened to reveal a man in glasses and a butler uniform.

"Hello Claude." I said with a big smile. He looked to me surprised.

"Alice? What brings you here to the estate?" He questioned. I walked into the mansion. He must have changed the whole mansion, because it looked so much better than the last time I was here.

"I'm here for the costume ball, silly. Where is Alois?" I asked and turned to him.

"His highness is in his room getting ready for the ball, milady." Claude told me as he shut the door.

"Oh... Well then Claude, see to it that my room is ready for me." I told him and walked away further into the familiar mansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where do you think Alois is, Penny?" I questioned my cat.

'Probably drinking childrens blood.'

"Penny! He's not that terrible!" I scolded and kicked her in the side. She hissed and ran off.

"Rotten demon." I muttered under my breath and grabbed the nearest drink. I downed the wine and sat the glass down. The ball had finally started and I was already bored. There was a group of girls huddled near me talking. I'm going to listen to what their talking to.

"-Did you see the Indian prince with Ciel Phantomhive? He was so enchanting!" The blonde said. Ciel Phantomhive? Why does that name seem so familiar? I tried to remember, but nothing seemed to come to mind.

"Alice?" A voice questioned from behind me. I turned to see Alois dressed in Hannah's maid uniform.

"Alois? What on Earth are you wearing?" I asked him. He smiled and twirled around.

"Dont you like it? Hannah picked out the worst of costumes." He told me and then something caught his eyes from behind me.

"Find me later Alice." He mumbled and ran off. I watched him as he walked off and then bumped into another fellow. My eyes widened and my breath caught as I saw the kid that Alois had bumped into.

My vision hazed and I slowly made my way out of the ball room. A vision of a small boy with bright blue eyes appeared in my line of sight. But as soon as it came, it was gone.

Claude. I need Claude.

I ran outside, sensing that Claude was somewhere behind the mansion. As I neared where he was supposed to be I could hear voices. I sat low to the ground and poked my head out from a bush, watching what was happening before me. Alois stood next to Claude and the triplets. That boy from before stood a little ways away from Alois. Beside him stood another demon butler. I could tell he was a demon, because of his aura.

"Ciel Phantomhive. You shall be mine." Alois said proudly. Ciel Phantomhive. Suddenly that vision appeared again, but this time it was more vivid.

*Flashback

"Alice! It's snowing! Please oh please, come outside with me!" My little brother begged. I laughed and nodded.

"Sure Ciel! Lets go before mother scolds us!" I told him and we ran out into the cold wet snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*End of Flashback

I gasped and fell forward out of the bush. Everyone turned to look at me. I blushed as I dusted off my dress and stood up.

"Alice?" Ciel gasped.

"Ciel." I breathed.

-----------------

A/N

Heyyyy! Sorry it took so long. I'm working on the 2nd chapter btw! :D

Just wanted to say that...... ITS MEH BIRTHDAYYY! I'm 16 today! Hehe

Have a good day peoples!