Chapter 1: The Beginning

This is only my second story, so i'm not sure how good this will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

The Beginning

I woke up, my head throbbing in pain as I slowly sat up and my leg shot up in flames. I glanced down and saw that something sharp had racked itself across my upper thigh, giving me a shallow gash. I looked around and all I saw was forest as far as the eye could see. What the hell?

Then it all came flooding back to me. Boarding the plane to Hawaii with Chloe, my little sister, but after that everything goes fuzzy. I scanned the ground for other people, and was relieved to see another person lying in the brush, not 40 feet away.

Desperation made me quickly walked over to them, tripping repeatedly on roots and fallen branches. When I finally reached the person, what I saw made me sick, but I forced myself to look back at the scene. The body was so mangled, that I was barely able to tell that it was a guy. By what was left of his face, I could tell that he had been very cute before death.

His right arm and left leg had been torn off, and all that was left in either place was a bloody stump. There was some type of tear on his upper chest and lower neck, almost like an animal bite. Certain bites were so severe that you could see the off white color of bone.

"FUCK!" I shouted in frustration. All of a sudden I heard a rustle behind me, causing me to freeze in fear. "Where are you?" I asked my voice a lot more confident than I felt.

A large hand clamped over my mouth, and a male voice hissed in my ear. "Shut the fuck up if you don't want to die, princess. Now I'm going to remove my hand and I want you to be very quiet."

I nodded, the dizzying fear finally starting to recede. The hand slowly moved away from my mouth, and I took that chance to jump away and swing back around to kick him in the balls. He calmly caught my foot, as I swung it up with all my strength, undeterred I spun in his grip and went to punch him in the face. He caught that punch too, and before I could launch another attack, he had dropped my foot and pressed a gun to my temple.

"I'm warning you now. Stop or I shoot." He said in a low sexy voice. Aww, shit, I shouldn't find anything about this man appealing. I mean for god's sake, he was holding a gun to my head, but I couldn't help running me eyes over his deliciously tan figure.

He had broad shoulders, strong arms and was well over 6 feet. He was wearing dark skinny jeans, and a blue polo that matched his eyes perfectly. I he had full pink lips that made me want to kiss him long and hard, but I resisted the urge. He ran a hand through his longish dirty blond hair as he looked around.

"We've gotta get out of here." He said, quietly, looking nervous.

"Why?" I said, following his lead and whispering.

"Listen." He whispered. I closed my eyes and focused on listening. At first I heard nothing, but then I a faint moaning sound reached my ears. "Do you hear it?"

"What the hell is that?" I asked, uncertainly.

"We don't know yet, but we have to get out of here." He said urgently.

"I can't. My sister is around here somewhere." I whispered back furiously.

"Wait, there are more of you?"

"I don't know. I woke up over there" I said pointing to the clearing in which I had awakened in. "about 2 minutes ago, so I'm not really sure."

"You woke up two minutes ago?"

"I believe that's what I just said, genius." I whispered back sarcastically.

"Now is not the time to be a smartass." He retorted. "Have you been unconscious all this time?"