Chapter 6

Emi's POV

-------------------------------------------

"Emi! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see a crying Rin with swollen eyes. It was still dark outside.

"What is it baby." I said while pulling her into bed with me wiping tears from her face. I have become very motherly towards her these last few days maybe it was because her real mother and family were killed by thefts. She was alone until she met Sesshomaru. Now he was like a fatherly figure for her. It was going to be so hard to leave her here.

"Y-your going to leave me and go back home." She cried putting her face in my chest. I gave her tight squeeze and looked into her eyes.

"I don't think Sesshomaru would be to pleased if I stayed, Rin." I laughed wiping more tears from her eyes.

Stilling crying she said, "Yes he would. He saved you from those bad men. I don't think he will mind."

The sound of her crying broke my heart.

"Okay sweet pea I'll talk him about it."  Was all I said before I heard her light snores. Poor thing cried herself to sleep for me maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to stay for her.

I woke up with Rin still my arms. I moved her to side of me and covered her up in the warm blankets. I was fully healed from my life threatening wounds. One of the good things about being half demon my injuries heal fast. I would have to leave this luxurious palace to go back home. I got dressed in a silky pink kimono, and started to head down stairs.   When i got to the end of the stair case I saw Osuma and my father talking with Sesshomaru. Not thinking about it I ran to my brother throwing my arms around him. I really did miss this loser.

" Well hello there Emi." Osuma said hugging me back. I let go quickly and gave him a hard punch in the arm.

"Ouch."

"That's for leaving me at the party." I said giving the stink eye.

"You're looking well kiddo." Akio said giving me hug. Sesshomaru's monotone voice broke up our little family reunion.

"Akio, would mind following me to my study. I have matters to discuss with you."

"Um sure my lord, lead the way. I'll be right back, so don't destroy anything while I'm gone." My father said giving up a little wink while following Sesshomaru up the stairs to his study.

'I wonder what those two need to talk about'...

--------------------_----------------------------------------------

Sesshomaru's POV

I watched as Emi with her small frame tackle her brother in bear hug. I felt bitter towards Osuma. 'Wait was I jealous. Why does she make me feel these weird emotions' Instead of making a scene I kept my face in check. She look so happy with them it made wonder if I should really keep her for myself. No its not for me its for Rin. She needs someone to take care of her while we travel the Western Lands.

"Akio, would mind following me to my study. I have matters to discuss with you." I said walking up the stairs not looking back to see if he was following.

When we got to my study last nights scene played through my head. I gestured at the chair across from my desk. He sat down and gave me a confused look.

"As you know, Emi has been staying with me, and Rin as became very fond of her. I was planning on starting my travels again round the Western Lands, but I need a caretaker for Rin. I was hoping if you would allow Emi to accompany me."

"Well my lord if she doesn't care I don't mind at all... Just please take care of her out there." Akio said giving me a warm smile. I nodded my head at him. We discussed a few more topics that I didn't care much for. After we were finished I showed Akio the way down stairs. I saw Emi and her brother laughing and chasing each other down stairs. 'She truly is childish. Why must I have these disgusting feels towards a immature halfbreed. It's so annoying'. I saw Akio run up to them. He started scolding them while pulling Emi to the side....