BYE.

That night, Max kept asking himself what he was doing. It was as if a mystical power had been controlling him. He knew he was gonna regret it, but his instincts told him this was what he needed the most.

Late at night, just as Max was readying his bag, a sluggish Dwayne came right through the door. "Appointment?", he asked, not knowing what exactly he was doing.

Max shook him real hard before he suddenly got up and looked around him, startled.

He realized he was supposed to get ready for the "thing", and he hadn't even gotten himself a bag yet! He got into a frenzy, and started rummaging through his shelves making the most deafening racket you'd ever hear.

Max gave him a belting. "Ow!" "Switch on your stealth mode you idiot!", he whispered, trying to lower his voice as much as he could. "It's a getaway, not a picnic!" "Okay, Mr. Sadist", Dwayne complained, convinced that he'd be a slave for the rest of the journey.

Dwayne got himself a shabby old bag which looked as if it was from the 1800s. "I'll go with this one!", he said. "I like doing things old school ya know." "Oh yea?! Then how 'bout you leave your phone behind? Or maybe you'd like to go with nothing but leaves covering your crotch." "Got me there eh?", Dwayne said with a giggle.

Dwayne carried his essentials, and Max carried his. They made sure they had everything. Dwayne wasn't sure where he'd end up after all this, so he made sure he left a message just in case.

"I love you mom. I'll get back soon. (HOPEFULLY)"

He stuck it onto the door of the refrigerator and continued on his way towards the door where Max was restlessly standing. "Come fast!", the expression on his face said.

Dwayne gave his sweet home a wave and before he knew it, he was running down the streets of Lethbridge, following the compass Max held in his hand. "N marks the spot.", Max said, giving out a smile that only came once in a blue moon.