Chapter 14 Dreams and Bridges

Previously:

"Goodnight Peter." But it came out more of a sigh.

He kissed me lightly on the lips and said,

"Goodnight beautiful."

"Awe shut up cheeseball." I say, playfully slapping him.

He laughs and we fall asleep in each others arms.

But then.... The dream came.

____________________________________________

(Dream)

I was at home. I was still 13. I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly ran down stairs.

"They're here!" I yell.

I open the door to see them. My old best friends. Our parents were close. They had a older daughter thats just like Kyra so I stay away from her. And then then there's Gabriela. She's "my best friend" . What I mean by "best friend." Is that I pretended to be her friend. I know. THAT SOUNDS SO BITCHY. But hear me out. She was selfish. Oh and selfish. And a little more selfish. And bitchy... So yeah..... But I pretended to be her friend because.. 2 reasons. Our family was really close and... Joseph. My first love.

"Hi!" I yell, smiling.

We all greet each other and hug. Joey (Joseph's nickname) and I usually just say hi. Because it's awkward when we hug. I loved him... And i never saw him again.... But I'll explain later. I always freak out when they come over. Put on nice clothes. Make sure I look okay.. You know, usual stuff when it comes to crushes.

"Hey..." I say awkwardly when I saw Joey.

"Hey!" He says with a smile.

I feel my face brighten up. Whenever he smiled I brightened up.

Gabriela and i go up to my room when Joey follows. Gabriela shoots him a glare. She doesn't like it when he's with us because she gets jealous when I'm not paying attention to her. I roll my eyes and plop on my floor.

We talk and every time I look away I see Gabriela mouthing to him to get out but he just rolls his eyes. I grin.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Gabriela says.

"Okay!" I say, a little too happily. She was being overly annoying tonight.

Joey smirks at my happy tone. He knows I'm annoyed, just like he is.

By the way, their siblings. If I didn't mention that already. I was 13 at the time and she was 12 when Joey was 14. He was kind of a jerk when he was with his friend. But not even a little close to Peter.

She leaves.

"Hey.." I say, awkwardly.

"Mia, I need to tell you something." Joey says, in a more serious tone.

I look at him nervously. What did he have to say? Did he not want to be friends anymore? I don't know... Grrr... Boys are so goddamn confusing.

"Yes??" I say, quietly.

He stays silent for a moment, but then he talks.

"I think- I think I'm in love with you." He says, looking at me.

My eyes widen in shock. I love him! I see him looking down.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" He starts to say.

"I love you too." I interrupt, my smile turns big.

He smiles as big as me and we start leaning in. He kisses me. I'm shocked at first but then I kiss back. I feel him smirk into the kiss.