Prologue

It was midnight. A gust of wind rustled the bushes and shook the grass. The breeze made ominous sounds as a young cat squealed and scratched another cat, the stranger backing up before stepping forward again. She had no idea who it was, nor his intentions. The newcomer firmly pinned the she-cat down to the ground, making the leaves crunch and crackle.

          "You can't escape now!" He clawed her muzzle. The she-cat yowled, though none of her Clanmates could hear her from this far deep in the enemy cat's territory. She squirmed and tried to wriggle out of the tom's grip. This only made him more furious. Angrily, he clawed her face.  

          "I thought you weren't this cruel. YOU MONSTER!" she yelled. The young apprentice lashed out. She was raving. She breathed hard, her chest heaving. Her captor growled and showed his teeth in an angry snarl. The she-cat managed to unsheath her claws and pull her paws out from under the unfamiliar cat. She clawed him with no mercy, using the battle moves her mentor had taught her to fight off the newcomer. But the cat did the same, deflecting every blow. Finally, the cat clawed her eyes, leaving the she-cat almost blind. The young cat wailed in pain, and even though it was loud, it was not loud enough to alert her Clanmates or anyone in the camp nearby. With her newfound blindness, she had nowhere to go. The apprentice curled up and slept, hoping for someone to find her and save her from the awful tom. But as she drifted off to sleep, a pair of teeth clamped around her scruff and dragged her away.

     "No one will ever find you here..." 

Author's note:

Huge props to thepotatopact, the other Party Cat for helping me with this book. Yes, I gave her my password... She wrote a lot and is my BFFPCPCFCAEWWNIDC! Good luck figuring out what that means!

Edit: yes, hi, hello. it is i, thepotatopact. i have returned.