Chapter Four The Party That was Short Lived

Kaname smiled at me as we made our way into the party with Senri. Both arms of mine intertwined with the other. The crowd before us stopped slightly bowing to us making a giggle escape my lips. Senri sheepishly smiled back as Kaname waved to the group of people before us. We made our way to what seemed like a stage. As hundreds of faces gazed upon us whispering to themselves. Soon a smaller blonde appeared cheerily embracing the crowd yelling happy birthday.

"Thank you all so much for joining us today. Thanks to Lord Kaname this was all possible for everyone to come celebrate with us. Now enjoy the refreshments everyone and enjoy yourselves. Looking up at Kaname for an explanation he just smiled as if to signal her tell me later.

"Senri! Let's go play." I cheered pulling along with me

"Please take good care of her Senri." Kaname let out with a daring glare.

"Come on Senri come dance with me." I chimed happily pulling him to the floor. He led the dance for me as his body towered over me. Our dance seemed to last forever until the song stopped. I hugged Senri tight thankful for in inviting me.

"I'm glad I could make you smile." Senri's voice was soft almost at a whisper.

"I'm glad I could share this with you Senri. No one ever let's me do anything I believe they think I'll get hurt." I replied with a little huff making him chuckle.

As we made our way back to Kaname people kept staring at me. I smiled waving at a few even though I had no idea who they were. Only soon the crowd fell quite and my few friends looked pissed off. Looking over I seen big brother and Yuki coming towards us. I hid behind Kanames chair before they noticed me.

"Where is she?" Zero asked harshly as I tried not to giggle and let him know I'm here.

"Always so rude Kiryu. An how are you today Yuki? " kaname responded pulling all attention to Yuki. I growled causing a few heads to turn in my direction. Kaname on the other hand chuckled at my response to his question.

"Um I am fine Lord Kaname. But you see we are looking for Jay have you seen her? Zero and I have been looking for her all night." Yuki responded in what seemed like a plea.

"Miss.Kiryu?"he spoke as if questioning my own existence, "Well that's simple. Jay has been playing hide and seek. I mean isn't it obvious at what's happening? All for her dearest big brothers attention." He finished with a smirk daring my brother to even speak a word.

"What would you know?" Big brother asked seething with anger. I sat in awe at the scene before me just what could happen?

"Actually I know a lot more then you do. That sweet flower is so fragile and I'm not sure you can keep her safe. I know that those sweet petals weep with sorrow for being unnoticed." He spoke softly as if only for just a few of us to hear. His words drawing me in making my heart ache.

"What have you done with her?" Big brother asked again. Sighing because if Kaname said anymore I might break.

"I, I'm right here big brother." My voice cracked as if I hadn't had water in days. Just what's wrong with me? Zero looked relieved pulling me into a hug bone crushingly tight.

"I've been so worried my darling sister please tell me you're okay. They didn't try anything did they?" He rushed out question after question.

"Big brother." I squealed hugging him back, "I'm fine a promise."

"Good now let go home you need rest." He pleaded looking me over with worry.

"But big brother I have to stay." I whinned stomping my foot.

"No we are getting you tucked in for the night we have class in the morning." He said sternly as I pouted.

"Please big brothe just a little while longer Kaname still owes me a dance." I pouted trying to earn the sympathy vote. Kaname smiled at my protest.

"How about a picnic tomorrow afternoon sweet flower." He spoke drawing my attention towards him. I squealed hearing his idea.

"Oh that sounds lovely Kaname. Okay big brother we can go. " I squealed happily taking big brothers hand. He stood there in anger for some reason. Pulling him off to the dorms I smiled. 'Tomorrow shall be fun' I thought pulling big brother into my room.

"Okay its time to calm down. We need to talk." Big brothers voice came off hostile. Why is he always so mean to me lately?

"Talk?" I questioned more curious to why he seems to never smile,"big brother what's wrong?"

"Jay I feel it's very important for you to stay away from the knight class." He stated as he tucked me in

"But big brother that's not fair." I huffed snuggling into my pillow.

"Trust me it's fair. Those people are monsters and you need to stay away from them. I don't want anything to happen to you." He breathed kissing my forehead.

"Big brother neither Kaname or Shiki are monsters." I tried reasoning as I pouted.

"You may not be able to see them for what they are but I can Jay trust me. Big brother is never wrong." He responded tucking me in, "good night baby sister okay."

My eyes soon became heavy as I snuggled closer into my pillow. My dreams felt more like sweet nightmares.

Everything was covered. Covered in red. Could this be. Blood. Why? Why is everything like this. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice calling out.

"Innocence is your greatest sin." The childish voice giggled, "always denying the truth." The room before me flashed a darker shade of red.

"You're just like them." Another voice whisper to me making me scream.

I awoke in a cold sweat. My clock read only five in the morning. I sighed thinking of my dream again. Why was that room covered in blood? Standing up I quickly got dressed. I have to find big brother.