Chapter 1 : The high call.

The first chapter ahhhh so exciting! :)

Phoenix's POV :-

Two down. A few thousand more to go, I think as I shoot down the grotesque looking creatures heading towards me.

"BAM! Take that, mother***kers!" I scream as I shoot down five in one go, their blood coating my screen. After a long day of wanting to shoot down most humans in my sight, this was how I let out steam. Unfortunately, I had to go for the alternative, video games, instead of actual humans. The homicide laws around here were pretty strict, no matter how annoying some people were. I had no personal wish to spend my best years in jail. Besides, orange wasn't my color anyways.

"Imagining zombies as real people again, baby girl?" Asks a voice next to me. I hadn't even noticed him enter the room and sit on a recliner besides me.

Humans, meet Wilmer. 100% fuckboy with zero taste in girls. He was a catalogue of pickup lines and had a head bigger than his dick. How did I know this? Well, when you lived in a house filled with testosterone, you were bound to get used to nudity.

"Hello to you too, Willbear." I coo, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"How many times do I tell you not to call me that? Anything but that." He pleads, shivering in disgust. He had the most mesmerising green eyes which stood out against his pale skin and dark black hair. In short, I would do him. In an alternate universe where he wasn't a walking STD carrier.

"What about hunny bunny?"

"NO!"

"Peach fuzz?"

"Stop!" He groans.

"Sugar daddy?"

"I'm going to puke."

You must be confused. And disgusted. Well, these were all names that his ex-lovers called him. Hence why I said he has zero taste in girls.

"Ooh.....I got one. Willie-boo?"

Within seconds we were wrestling on the floor. Just as I managed to knee him in the 'nether region' , I feel someone pulling me into their embrace and into his cologne scented body. Immediately, I relax. I knew that scent anywhere. Immediately I relaxed, I knew that scent anywhere. Wilmer still lay groaning on the floor, holding his willy. We would've probably beaten each other to a pulp if Dorian hadn't interfered.

Looking up I meet Dorian's amused blue eyes which complimented his tan skin and brunette hair. Again, he was Greek god hot, but he wasn't a womanizer. He was someone I could confide in and he would hear me out, girl problems and all.

"What did we tell you about kneeing a guy's junk?" He asks me, leading me out of the game room while will-bear still lay writhing on the floor.

"Uh.....that I should kick harder?"

"NO! That you shouldn't do it unless it is a real threat. I really fucking hurts. Besides, you are killing off our future brethren. Don't you want little Wilmers and Dorians running around?" He jokingly asks.

"Not really." I answer him with a straight face. Dorian and Wilmer meant trouble. Why would I willingly be around more than two of them? Besides, children freaked me the hell out with their ability to cry at their disposal and their inability to do anything right.

"Why not? I know for sure that I'd like to see little birdies hopping around chirping and calling me Uncle Dory." He does the bird flap with his hands and smiles goofily at me. But my mood immediately turns sour at the prospect of the future we would never have.

"You know that's not going to happen right? EVER. You can dream all you want. But we can't change who we are. Assassins. People who kill for a few pieces of paper. That's what we are and that's what we'll always be. Always with a gun for our safety and eyes behind our backs, not knowing if we would be alive to see the next sunrise. Do you really want to bring kids into the equation?" I end my rant, leaving him speechless. I knew I was being unneccesarily harsh but I was just giving him a dose of reality. A reality we couldn't escape from.

"Well that escalated quickly." Chimed in a voice behind us. I tense and turn away, not wanting to look at the source of the said voice. It had been five years since I had been 'recruited' (Read : kidnapped) and forced to join the A5. Yet, I hadn't found it in me to accept this life or the people that forced me into it. One of those people being Mark.

Well, that wasn't even his name, to be Frank. He looked like a Mark to me, and so Mark it is. But to everyone else, he was captain, the person who controlled the A5.

The A5 was just a small speck in the network of trained killers and hitmen (and hitwomen, mind you) employed by various governments to finish off their high profile hitjobs without a trace or hint of foul play. Each group of five was controlled by a Captain who had a direct link to the headquarters. The headquarters received the orders from the VIPs who wanted the job (Person) done for, and passed it on to the group most fit to do the job. Each group had a specific type of kill they were known for and the A5 were known for the most brutal of kills disguised in the most natural way. A majority of the jobs were extremely high profile criminals and people who worked against the country's interest. So basically, people who 'deserved to die'. That's how they justified it at least, but they weren't the ones losing sleep over blood and gore.

"What do you want, Cap? You rarely come to the base" Dorian questioned him. The base was the huge mansion given to accomadate us. Dorian subtly shuffled in front of me, sensing my discomfort. The rest of the A5 members knew of the hate that I harboured for that man and his organisation. Heck, I'm sure he even knew it himself.

"Are you calling me a bad leader, A4? Isn't it in my to-do's to check up on the team base?" He answered our question with a question. That cunning fox. A smile played on his lips but anyone with two proper eyes could detect the cunningness and malice in his cold dead eyes. The man was pure evil.

"No sir." Dorian replied stiffly. "I was just surprised to see you, that's all."

"Hmm. I came here for a reason. A reason that's currently hiding behind you."

"Hiding?" I spit at him, coming face-to-face with him. "You wish Cap. I just didn't want to see your face this late at night. Might give me nightmares." I snarl, fighting myself as one side of me really wanted to put a bullet to his head.

"Always a pleasure to work with you, sweetheart. But I'm afraid it's not me but the higher-ups who asked for you this time. So make sure you control that fiery tongue of yours. We don't want our best assassin to be shot in the head, right?"

Say what now?

_________________________________

Did you like it? If yes, please do vote and comment as it helps, a lot.

Thank you. ❤