Chapter 35: Double Surprise Plans

When Mandi woke up the next morning she slowly slid out of Norman's arms and headed for the bathroom. Hoping he wouldn't notice her missing. She brushed her teeth, brushed her hair out, used the bathroom, and splashed water on her face, before returning to bed. She slowly slipped back into Norman's arm, as he was still asleep, or so she thought. As she lay there she thought about the decision she had made in her mind the night before. Tonight would be the night she would finally give Norman all of her. She had the plan all worked out in her mind, she would put it into action when Norman left to go check on things at the restaurant. Greg had told the producer, Norman would be taking the day off for personal reasons, that reason was her and she was told by both of them to stay home from work that day.

As she laid there oblivious to the fact that Norman lay awake, Norman pulled her closer. He kissed her forehead, when she looked up into his bright blue eyes with her hazel ones, he smiled at her, taking her mouth with his.

"Good morning, love. Did you sleep well?" Norman asked in his husky morning voice.

"I always sleep well when I'm in your arms." She smiling at him, before placing another kiss to his lips.

She thought he was going into the restaurant today to take care of something after what happened yesterday but in fact he had a totally different plan in mind. He planned on spending the morning with her before going to Nic & Norman's and setting up the surprise he had for her. He had thought about it for the last week, but planned to make it happen tonight, he knew it might be soon but he knew what he wanted in his life, and that was Mandi. He didn't want to spend another day without her, hopefully his plan for tonight would make that happen.

Norman told her to get up, he was taking her for breakfast. They got up and got dressed, before heading to a little diner down the street for breakfast. As they ate, both of them tried to contain their excitement over the surprise they had for the other. When they finished eating they took a short walk around town, when Mandi suggested stopping into Nic & Norman's to talk to Ang, he directed her away from it. Instead he lead her to a small park where he tried to distract her thoughts from going there. He couldn't risk her going there and ruining the surprise. He had talked to Ang and Ash the night before after she fell asleep and they should be there already starting to put the plan in action.

Ang and Asher would be working to transform the family type restaurant into a place for a romantic dinner for Mandi and him. Ang and the other staff had to clear out the other tables, and place one single table in the middle, with candles all around the room, along with rose petals everywhere. While Asher planned a nice meal for them to share. Norman wanted tonight to be perfect, once he dropped Mandi off at home he would head there and spend the afternoon helping to make sure everything was set.

Once they got back to Norman's he kissed her, leading her inside. He was giddy with excitement about tonight, he was trying hard to contain his enthusiasm so she wouldn't notice. Lucky for him she was to nervous wrapped in her own thoughts about her plan for tonight that she didn't notice. Before he left for the restaurant he told her not to make plans for dinner, because he was taking her out tonight. He told her when he got back she should be ready to go and to dress nice. She agreed and kissed him goodbye. That threw a small wrench in her plan but she could make it work, but she would need help.

Mandi walked to the bedroom looking at it, thinking about how to carry out her plan. She called her only friend for help. When Ang didn't answer he first time she called, she texted her. "Ang I need help trying to plan something special for Norman. Please call me." She texted. Ang had told Norman that Mandi had texted her, because she needed something. Norman let Ang go, knowing that Ang was her best friend. He also knew Ang would be able to keep her busy well he got everything together. Before Ang left she went to talk to Norman who had retreated to the office. When she got there he was sitting in the office hair so often used by Mandi. He had a small box in his hand, that he was looking at.