12: 두 얼굴, Two Faced

I look at him in the eyes.

"He's really serious, huh.." I thought.

I sigh.

"Dae.. sincerely.. I don't like you, okay?" I say to him.

"I can make you, Sooji, please... at least give it a try, okay?"

His eyes are shining, full of hope. I avoid his eyes and he knows what I was about to say.

"Sorry Dae.. I don't want to. I want to stay with you as friends."

I push him out of my way and walk away. This time, he doesn't follow me. Since I didn't have to do anything, I decide to go take a walk in the park. Surprisingly, instead of finding Jaehwan singing at the usual spot, I notice someone playing at the basketball court. I immediately recognize it's Guanlin and walk towards him. When he also notices me, he stops playing and waves at me.

"Hey Guanlin?"

"Hi Soojin-na."

"You can just call me Soojin, Guanlin."

"Okay, Soojin!"

He smiles at me and I smile at him back.

"He's cute.." I told myself.

"What are you doing here alone Soojin? Weren't you with Daehwi?" he asks me.

"Oh.. I just wanted to take a walk around here. I didn't know you also go to this park."

"It's just that I'm busy with school. That's why I come here occasionally."

"Do you like basketball?" I ask him as I notice he's holding a basketball in his hands.

"Yea!! I love it." he answers at me enthusiastically.

"Do you wanna play with me? Today is a nice day to have a match." he invites me.

"Sure. I'm not that good, but I'll gladly give it a try." I answer cheerfully.

"I'll also invite Jihoon-hyung and Woojin-hyung since we need more people to play, do you mind?"

"No, it's fine." I say.

A few minutes later, Jihoon and Woojin came. Me and Guanlin against Jihoon and Woojin. As we're playing, Guanlin was crushing our opponents with his three-pointers. I was amazed. I didn't want to lose to him, so I started playing seriously. I took the ball and made a drive. Woojin tried to stop me, but I was too quick for him. In a matter of seconds, I scored 6 points by making lay-ups and a three-pointer. The score was obvious. We won. After the match ended, Guanlin comes near me.

"Soojin, you were awesome!" he praises me.

"Thanks..." I say shily.

"Why did you say that you are not good? You looked like you had plenty of experience!!"

"No, I don't have any experience actually. I just learned the basics in gym class when I was in elementary school."

"Really?! Then you're so talented, Soojin! Right Woojin-hyung?" he says as Woojin and Jihoon come near us.

"I'm not, really, don't exaggerate too much, Guanlin." I say.

"You are, Soojin. I never met someone good like you at basketball. " Woojin says as he takes a drink of water.

"Are you already tired, hyung? You need to train your endurance more!" Guanlin yells at him.

While Woojin and Guanlin have a quarrel between them, Jihoon stays quiet the whole time.

"Jihoon, what's the matter?" I ask him.

He shakes his head.

"I'm totally fine Soojin! Can I talk to you in private later at home?" he says.

"Yea, sure..?" I say.

Together we go back at the mansion. On the way back, Woojin offers everyone an ice-cream. It was refreshing after that intense game at the park. When we reach the living room, Jihoon calls me over and leads me to a huge balcony. There is no one.

"Soojin, what do you want from us?" Jihoon starts off with a cold tone.

"W-what?" I say.

His personality totally changed since we entered the mansion. It was weird.

"So? What's your motive?" he asks.

"Nothing? I didn't do anything wrong, did I?" I answer back with his same tone.

"Tsk. Don't joke around with me. Why are you getting so close to us?"

"What are you saying? I don't have any reasons to do so, and even if I do, I wouldn't tell you."

Suddenly, he pushes me against the wall.

"Answer me."

"No."

He punches the wall. Hard.

"Say it."

"Seriously Jihoon.. are you really angry at me just because I'm not willing to answer you, huh?"

"Fucking godness.. just answer me. I don't want to get lectured by you now. Why are you staying so close to Woojin?"

"Ehhh?? What do you mean? I'm not that close with Woojin... are you jealous Jihoon?"

He smacks at my head lightly.

"I'm not gay, Soojin. I'm just saying that you must have a reason for doing all of this." he says.

"I seriously don't want anything from you guys! Just leave me."

I try to push him away, but he wouldn't budge off.

PARK JIHOON's P.O.V

"She doesn't have a motive? No way.. she's always so close with Woojin and he even fell for her... she surely did this all on purpose." I thought to myself.

She futilely tries several times to push me away. I sigh.

"Okay, then explain me why he likes you."

"W-what?"

---

Jihoon takes action! Finallyyy

-J.S.