A Somewhat Happy Optional Ending

The rain that day seemed appropriate.

It was on the new that this was the first time in recorded history that it has rained everywhere on the globe at the same time.The worst of it was in Great Britain where floods were happening all around the tiny island.

But us Nations, we couldn't care less about such things as the weather today.

Every nation was morning the loss of our beloved little Albion and it didn't matter that day that the land was mourning with us or that the humans just couldn't understand what the problem was. Even the Queen was still stuck in the delusion that he would be coming back. After all, hadn't Seamus been shot through the heart? He was still alive so why wouldn't Artie be?

We didn't know how to tell her that suicide cases were different and the body tried to repair itself before death could truly settle in. If it used all it's stores, as it had with Albion, the nation died. If not, they had to deal with quite a few very angry nations upon their return to conciseness.

Albion had been wearing down his stores for years until he had been nearly human to begin with. There was no way he had possessed enough magic in him at that point to heal a stab wound through the heart. Especially with the knife still lodged firmly in place.

I look through the heavy rain at the tombstone marking where we had buried Albion in the middle of his favorite clearing. Away from the judging eyes of the humans and non-locatable to the other nations without our help.

Arthur Elizabeth Kirkland

Died September 18th, 2014

Both needed and wanted by the world forever, we will never forget you Love.Was carved elegantly into the cross shaped stone that was surrounded by his his favorite roses we had planted at the base.

The other nations had all gone into our cottage because they couldn't deal with seeing the grave site anymore or looking at the spelled waterproof picture that stood among the flowers. None of the pictures we had found had pleased us so Japan had offered to use his technology to make one he was sure would.

He had done the job maybe a little too well.

Though that America brat's comment of "Iggy could smile like that?!" Had not been very reassuring.

An 18 year old Albion wearing his punk clothes from the 80's, the expression on his face purely Albion's smile at it's best, sits in his armchair in his living room.

It was perfect. Later we would have to thank Japan for his gift.

A tiny hand grabs the back of my pant leg and I look behind me surprised.

A four year old boy with wild blond hair, large eyebrows, and a pair of the most beuatiful emerald green eyes I have seen in a while stares up at me soaking wet and shivering. His arms come up as if begging me to hold him. Sobbing, I clutch him in my arms so tightly that he squirms slightly in discomfort. This time I wasn't going to let him go...

... Ever.

Hey Everyone! This is the end of Unnoticed so I hope you enjoyed it! As promised I'll be finishing at least one more of my stories before I start anything new. As it is summer my computer availability hours are even stranger then they are during the school year so I normally don't post anything but I was thinking of typing up a bunch of chapters then posting a bunch of it every once in a while instead this year. As always Reviews are both celebrated and taken into account! Until next time,

Goodbye!