Confessions of a Milkovich || Continued

I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck, half tempted to close the door in Ian's face. "Hey...have a minute?" I look over at Mickey, taking a step back into the house, prepared to make up some bullshit excuse for why I couldn't come out but Mickey shakes his head, eyes narrowing at me.

"Y-yeah, I was actually on my way to see you," I nod for him to step back and follow him, closing the door behind me. "I was talking with my brother and we kind of made a deal with each other, a secret for a secret and I kind of told him about my feelings for this redhead I've been talking with lately." This seems to light up Ian's face, but as soon as he smiles, he frowns.

"I just...if I'm being honest I don't know what I want right now, I've been dealing with some internal issues, I like girls but...I also, I also like guys and I just-" I stare at him in surprise, I wanted to comfort him but I wasn't used to comforting anyone other than my siblings and those scenarios were rare. "Y/N?" He waves a hand in my face, light laughing.

"I'm sorry," I shake my head and give him a small smile, "Yeah, yeah, uh take some time to figure everything out..." I place an awkward hand on his shoulder, aimlessly nodding but not at him, to assure myself that this was actually happening.

"You seem really upset. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" I quickly shake my head, balling my hand into a fist to playfully punch his shoulder. "Ow!" He pushes my hand from his shoulder and begins to rub it.

"Go on Gallagher, go figure yourself out..." I open the door and step inside, "You know where to find me when you do." I give him another smile and close the door in his face, turning to face a smiling Mickey.

"So?" I shake my head, looking out the door's window to watch Ian bounce down the stairs and walk away from the house, pulling out his phone. "What happened? What'd he say? I knew he was nothing but fucking trouble," Mickey jumps up and grabs his bat, "Do you want me to break his kneecaps? I'll break em if I have to," I shake my head, running my fingers through my hair with a long sigh.

"He just asked for some time to figure things out...I guess that's what I get for putting my feelings on the line," I drop my hand to my side and shrug my jacket on. "I'm gonna go out, have a smoke, enjoy the sun." I give him a small smile, "Enjoy dad not being here because they have to let him out on Monday," Mickey laughs at this and relaxes, falling back onto the couch.

"Let me know if you need me, okay?" I nod, and open the door, hurrying out the house. As soon as I step onto the porch, I feel the tears rolling down my cheeks, I was such an emotional person, despite trying to not be my entire life. I wipe the tears away and bound down the stairs as Ian had down, looking for some trouble I could get myself into next.