chapter 8

"Misaki don't be embarrassed it was just a small kiss!" She laughed holding her stomach.

"Why'd did you kiss me Chi! Agh!" I blushed smashing my face in a pillow.

"Because you haven't even had your first kiss yet and I wanted to be the first" she shrugged. 

I sweatdropped and yelled into the pillow. I threw the pillow at her knocking her off her the couch. She laughed and her face turned bright pink. I rolled my eyes as she got up and rubbed the back of her head. 

"It was just a joke Misa, I'm sorry I kissed you" she sighed and stretched her arms. 

I got up and walked into the kitchen. I watched her as she said her goodbyes waving me off. 

"Where are you going?" I asked putting my hands on my hips. 

"Back home, I think Usui is there I don't know why though" she chuckled putting on her shoes. 

"W-What?" I mumbled as jealously rumbled inside my chest. 

"We might hang out I'm not sure" she shrugged putting her hands behind her head as she waved me off again. 

"Do you mind if I join actually? I'm not doing anything today and I could use something to get my mind off things" I blushed rubbing my hands together. 

"Yeah of course you can come!" she said shooting her fist in the air. 

I smiled and grabbed my shoes sliding them on and jogging to catch up to her. We chatted as we headed back to her place. Usui was standing there at the door with his hands shoved in his pockets. 

"Misaki what are you doing here?" He glared at me while wrapping his arm around Chi. 

"Hanging out with Chi of course!" I huffed shoving my nose in the air. 

"That's weird because Chiharu and I are suppose to hang out!" he said glaring at me.

"Why can't we all hang out together?" Chi suggested. 

I looked at Usui and he looked at me as we both huffed letting out a small 'fine'. 

*Usui's POV*

I glared shooting daggers at Misaki as she laughed along with Chiharu. It was just suppose to be the two of us. I sighed and popped my neck. 

"Come on Chi let's go take pictures!" I suggested intertwining our fingers together pulling her into a photo booth. 

She blushed and sat there putting a small smile on her face. We took a couple pictures alone until Misaki bumped in taking a few quick pics herself. I groaned and pushed her out of the booth making the last picture of me kissing Chiharu's cheek. Her face turned bright pink and she got out of the booth as quickly as possible. 

"Come on Chi let's go shopping!" Misaki yelled pulling on her arm.

"No Chi let's go play video games" I said pulling on her other arm. 

Misaki and I argued with each other for a minute before Chiharu broke down in tears running off with her head in her hands. I sighed and looked down at the ground feeling ashamed of myself. 

"Stupid Usui, this is all your fault isn't it?" Misaki said putting her arms over her chest. 

"What?! Absolutely not, it's yours" I said stomping off towards Chiharu. 

She scoffed and followed behind me. I saw Chi sitting by a tree with her knees in her chest letting out small sobs. I squatted down in front of her holding her hands in mine. She looked up at me as a tear fell down her cheek. 

"Chi... what's wrong?" Misaki asked her sitting down next to her. 

"I just hate when you two fight. You're both of my friends you know" she sniffled looking away embarrassed.

"We're sorry Chi, we just wanted to spend time with you separately sometimes" I replied sighing myself. 

She nodded lightly and shoved her face in her knees. I looked at Misaki and rolled my eyes.

"How bout we go to a movie or something? All three of us" Misaki said standing up holding out her hands to Chiharu. 

Chi looked up at her and smiled nodding grabbing her hands and stood up. She dusted herself off and rubbed her arms looking away. 

"I'll go buy the tickets across the street be right back" Misaki said waving to us before walking over to the movie theatre. 

"I'm really sorry Chi, I didn't mean to tear you apart from Misaki. I know she's your best friend first" I said shoving my hands in my pockets. "I just want you to be happy, and if you want me to leave I will"

"Takumi-" she said tugging at my shirt, her bangs covering her eyes. 

I looked down at her as she met her eyes with mine. They were full of tears as I gasped at her reaction. She pulled me into a hug and sighed crying in my chest. My heart broke hearing her small sobs. I hugged her tightly petting the back of her head. 

"I'm sorry Takumi" she sniffled wiping away the last of her tears. 

"Don't be sorry Chi" I smiled lifting her bangs and kissing her forehead lightly. 

She blushed and looked at the ground embarrassed. I chuckled a little bit as Misaki came running back over holding up the three tickets. She walked with Chiharu, as she finally seemed to cheer up. I watched her laugh and smile with Misaki. I love her. I love you Chiharu.