Hajime Aoyama x Satsuki Miyanoshita (Sajime/NextDoorShipping) [Ghost Stories]

Intro: I don't know... I'm just drawn to this terrible anime turned amazing anime via English dub. Yeah... never thought you'd hear that statement before, huh?

Proof: Well, in the original Japanese version, it's stated that Satsuki has a crush on Hajime. In Episode 15, it was confirmed by the creator of Ghost Stories that Satsuki wished that Hajime loved her, and was unaware that the wish was already true. But the show ended with their feelings never confessed, with no Season 2 in sight.

But in the dub... hoo boy. Since the dub's a comedy, the romance is less subtle. But forgive me for being a sucker for subtlety in romance. There's still these tiny hints that they like each other, but since the show's a comedy now, it makes those moments all the better. And I'm also a sucker for insult-based relationships. So there's that.

What I think: WATCH. THE DUB. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. I kid you not, the Japanese told the Americans to "do whatever you want, as long as it sells". And so the dubbing studio turned the horror/supernatural show into a black comedy. Everything about the dub is better than the sub. That's not something you say everyday.

But be warned: it is not for the faint of heart. You might get offended at some of the jokes made. But hey, sometimes, those kinds of comedies are the best kind of comedies.