Wet nurses or nannies

Daniel's POV

"I actually thought you won't make it."
"Why? Well I knew it had to be something serious."
"Yes it is. Have a seat. I need to ask you something." She sits next to me placing her purse on the next chair. She then sits back quietly and stares at me with a 'just go on' look.
"What's wrong with you?" I finally ask because I think that's the first thing that I should ask. Y'vania has never opened up to me. We've never been so close. She hangs out with her friends and she isn't popular as I am but she's that kind of girl that has so many things in her. I know what I feel for her. I've never liked a girl in the same way I like Y'vania. She goes quiet for a while then speaks in a 'duh' tone
"Nothing. What do you think?"
"I know you Y'vania more than you think I do. What is it? Family matters or something?" She sighs and says
"Danny you have twenty minutes only. You better use them sparingly. I need to go back to work.
Something comes up in my mind. Maybe it's the work. Maybe that's what stressing her. She looks pale and tired. I still care even if she finds it hard to like me the way I do. I treat her like a younger sister and a very close friend. She speaks up distracting my thoughts.
" Why do you care so much Danny?" I smile not because of her melodious voice but how he calls my name.
"I asked a question Daniel."
"I..I just don't like seeing you like this. I know something is really wrong. Just open up its between the two of us. What's happening you look so tired and sick."
"Am okay don't worry about me. Just let me be I don't think anyone should care about me." She stands up to leave. She's angry and I can't tell why.
I decide to be me for a while and grab her wrist and pull her so close to that I can feel the beats of her heart on my chest.
"Whether you like it or not I care and you're not leaving until something reasonable comes out of your mouth. How can you be so selfish. I care Y'vania and I don't care if no one cares because I do!" She says nothing and starts leaving then turns and stares at me trying very hard not to shed the tears that are now blinding her eyes. She then narrows her eyes and asks,
"Is this one of your games Mr Harrington? Is this how you bag en' shag em'. Everyone knows you Daniel. Everyone who went to Woodland school. You just want to use me like the million girls you tossed around. You are nothing but a m-" I don't let her finish the statement I mean she's so sexy when angry and Daniel can't take it so I do the necessary. I mean the typical of me. Pull her close and let my lips crash onto hers. It takes a while before she realises what's happening and kisses me back.

She's so sweet I can swear that to the end of the world.

I want to be the one who ends the kiss but she pulls back like she's just found out that she's doing some forbidden thing. She stares at me intensely and asks,
"Why?"
"Why what?" I ask back still angry because a)she stopped the magical moment and b) she doesn't want to speak anything reasonable.
"Why do you freaking care? You just want to hurt yourself in the name of helping me. No just mind your own bloody business. Y'vania is not that type of girl you can bag and throw around." She speaks angrily and flounces off without much as a backward look.

Why is Y'vania behaving in such a manner?

This is the question that keeps on repeating itself in my mind. I then remember who the right person that I can talk to is. I know I have each and every phone number of the people in my music class and one of them the French girl Lilly Patterson is the exact girl I should talk to. She finally picks up the phone.

             Y'vania's POV

I'm more than irritated seated with Lilly at my place of work. I can't believe that Daniel just kissed me well we kissed but hey he started it. What annoys me most is that he seems to know everywhere I go. I don't understand how he found out about me working here and Lilly just told me that he called like twenty minutes ago asking about me. I feel like turning his face into shreds. Breaking the silence,I speak up
"I don't know how he found out. Maybe one of the Woodland highschoolers told him."
"But who? You were not a member of the 'in team' but anyways you were famous enough for at least  a hundred Woodlanders to know who you are."
"Do they have to mind about my business?" I ask feeling more irritated. Lilly shrugs and we go quiet as one of  the customers comes to pay his bill and starts cracking jokes. We sit in awkward silence a while after the man leaves.
"What happened to you why do you have a bruise?" She asks pointing at my left wrist.
"I don't know  am now noticing now that you've talked." I say trying to think if I had a fight with anyone in my dreams maybe but no that can't happen I don't get into fights that easily I mean the physical ones.
"What do you mean you don't know?" Lilly asks getting a close look at the ugly bruise on my wrist and shakes her head.
"Why are you so pale?" She asks staring at me straight into the eyes.
"Don't sweat it in winter miss skin therapist am okay its just a.. stupid bruise yes that's what its called and am not pale." I say letting go off my hand. Just then Matt and Jake come in. They look around probably searching for me. I thought me working on most hours of the day would make them spend less time with me but I guess I was wrong because they come here often.
"Hey over here." Lilly waves  and the boys come to us Matthew smiling as usual like he never gets sad and Jake serious as usual but always hot. His shiny black hair neat like every time and I mean even if he's just woken up.  Before they even take seats Lilly asks,
"Who told that arrogant bad boy about Y'vania working here?"
"Who?" Jake asks sitting across me and stares at me as if I've just changed into a chipmunk or something.
"Daniel fucking Harrington." Lilly says.
"Guys why do I have to say it again and again language please."  I say still irritated.
"Why do you care so much about language as if you don't curse in all those Nicki songs you love singing. That boy is so stupid  he deserves insults." Matt says seriousness written all over his face. I narrow my eyes surprised by his seriousness I mean this boy never gets serious.
"So what's really happening why are you guys so angry?"
"Because he comes here often as if he's on a mission to bother my cupcake." Lilly says with a pout. Jake  stares at me and asks
"What has he done to you I think I warned him that if he touches you,he'll lose his teeth and I mean all of them." Matt laughs out loudly then says,
"I'm trying to imagine Daniel without teeth." Everyone laughs but I don't find it funny. I wonder where my sense of humour has gone to. Usually I'd be the one laughing out loudly that the others would join in whether the statement was funny or not. Lilly speaks up
"He's rich he'll have them replaced with diamond or gold ones."
"And that's when someone else will knock them off for money." Matt says and they all laugh again.

I really have a bunch of idiots here.

"I don't find any of this funny." I say opening the cash sales book as its about time to end my shift.
"What's funny? The doctor you're trying to hook up with who is trying very hard to change you into a doctor?" Lilly asks sarcastic."
"Am not hooking up with him he's just a doctor who is doing his work." I say defending myself.
"His work of treating patients or turning you into a doctor?" Matt asks jokingly.
"His work of cooking pancakes and feeding babies." I say with a fake smile. Everyone goes quiet.
"Matt has a point. What are you up to? What's with you and the doctor we've never met." Jake asks. Before I can answer that one Matt jumps from his chair and comes up to me asking
"What happened?" He then points at my leg and that's when I see another ugly bruise. I close my eyes cursing silently.

Rule #1 of surviving Aplastic anaemia without anyone knowing: Never wear anything that's going to expose your body.
Well I messed up the first rule so here we go..give me an idea self voice.

My thoughts are cut of by Lilly and I slowly open my eyes as she talks
"This must be serious. Another one? I bet you don't know how you got that one too." I shake my head. Deep inside I know its the Aplastic anaemia destroying me up but I can't tell them.
"You mean there's another one? Jake asks in a concerned tone.
" Guys are you my wet nurses or nannies? You're all overreacting and being paranoid. Its just a petty issue. I probably got injured when serving customers or something. Don't sweat things out." I say feeling more irritated than ever I mean this is the first time that Jake,Lilly and Matt seem to piss me off. Everyone goes silent for a while then Lilly speaks up,
"Honey its not like we're overreacting sorry if we're pissing you off but the truth is that..its..we're-". She stops and stares at Jake then Matt who grins then says,
"Tell her." Jake also gives her an encouraging look. I get impatient and snap
"Can you speak up!" Everyone goes silent.

Seriously?

"Can you speak something reasonable before I do something crazy like dancing Anaconda on the tables." Matt bursts out laughing.
"Am freaking serious Matthew Cryer so you better do something useful like shutting your mouth because am in one hell of a bad mood and this is not even helping."
"Calm down Y'vania." Jake says standing up and puts a hand on my shoulders. He goes on
"It's all my fault. Am sorry I didn't know it was okay with you but I told them that you look weak and tired and really sick. Your mummy told us to talk to you because I think you're..I mean..oh no I can't. He stops and runs a hand through his hair.

Looks more sexy.
Shut up Y'vania.

I get more confused. My mummy,me looking sick,don't want to talk to anyone. What's happening?

Is this happening? Is it not happening? Have these guys found out?
No. I mean they've never seen me in pain because it happens in private and no one has never noticed that I'm nose bleeding or that I can't eat because my gums are swollen and bleeding too.
Its true.
Its really painful. This illness is developing to higher  degrees as the days go by.
What am I going to do?

" Y'vania we're very sorry but we think there's something that you don't want to share." Jake says interrupting my thoughts. Everyone goes quiet and I start calculating the day's sales.