06 | N I G H T T I M E

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

   "You shouldn't be here", she was greeted by a raspy voice and the smell of Firewhiskey. "There's a long day waiting for you tomorrow."

   "A day I don't really look forward", she said. "Have you drunk all of this tonight?" She pointed at the almost emptied bottle in front of Sirius. He smirked mischievously.

   "Most of it", he replied, snickering, his voice raspy.

   "I think you had enough", she said, grabbing the bottle.

   "Oh Margo, love, you should know one thing about Firewhiskey", he scoffed, lifting out of his chair, while Margo was heading to the sink. "There's never enough when it comes to Firewhiskey — hey! What are you doing?" Margo had reached the sink and was about to empty the bottle into the  drain, when a chair behind her was roughly showed aside and Sirius had his fingers wrapped around her wrist, shoving her harshly around  so she was forced to face him. The bottle still in her hand she froze under his touch, looking up at him flustered.

   "Don't you dare take this away from me as well, young lady", he hissed, his face an angry grimace.

   "But I've taken nothing from you til now", Margo replied in utter confusion. "Sirius, you're drunk, you should go to bed now, we talk about this in the morning."

   "You're leaving then", Sirius said. "In the morning you're leaving, and we won't talk about anything. They will all leave! The only fool that has to stay in this hell of a house is me, Margo!"

   "Okay, f—fine, I won't leave in — in the morning", Margo stammered as she watched his eyes darken. "I can leave after lunch as well. We can talk, the I'll go."

   He cocked an eyebrow, bowing down until his face was the same height as hers. Margo blinked, her cheeks burning as she realised how close he was. "But I don't want you to leave at all", he whispered, his eyes locked with hers, stealth meeting amber.

   "But people have to leave, Sirius", she nervously replied. "They have jobs and — and missions."

   "Not you", he breathed. "You're as useless as I am. No offense! But they underestimate you, Margo. They think because you're still so young you couldn't handle the pressure of those Order missions. But as long as they act like you're nothing but a kid, you could stay here with me, couldn't you? It would be a nice company for me. Yes, very nice indeed."

   "I didn't know you want me around, I —"

   "I know", he cut her off. "I think you might got something wrong. I have the feeling since you stopped our little midnight meetings."

   "But you were the one that left everytime about five minutes after I joined you!", Margo angryly exclaimed. "I was sure you don't want me around!"

   "Well, you were wrong", he growled. His hands met the surface of the counter on each side of Margo, so she was trapped between his arms. The answer she was about to throw at him got stuck on her tongue, startled by this little twist in the scene. Her heart started beating faster as she once more realised how close he was. And as if he wasn't already close enough, made an unforeseen move, straightening himself, so her eyes were no longer fixed on his face, before he stepped closer, so close that the tip of her nose almost touched his chest. His slender fingers strode the hair out of her face, then forced her to look up at him by lifting her chin slowly.

   Margo was trembling, and if it wasn't for the kitchen counter upholding her back, her wobbly knees would have already forsaken her. But like that she could stare up straight into Sirius'eyes without collapsing, trying to find a glimpse of whatever was going on on his mind. But all she saw was a drunken man and his lust.

   Nevertheless, Sirius didn't make a move. His eyes were sunken in Margo's amber orbs, as they pierced into his. He could feel the shivers running through her body. His own hand left her chin, traveling down the delicate skin of her arm, drawing soft lines downward, until her breath got stuck in her lungs. But never for even a single second did Margo break the gaze that seemed to last for an eternity right now, not until his thumb accidentally brushed her waist, and the lids closed over those golden pools, while a little gasp slipped from her full lips. He could have easily closed the gap between them, and nothing in this world did he want more right now, than having a taste of their softness. How heavenly it must feel like if these lips started moving against his ...

   But as he was about to give in the burning desire, what she'd written in the diary at two a.m. days ago appeared ridiculously clear on his drunken mind.

   Margo wasn't one of those girls he knew from school; those who didn't mind getting used and using as well. Margo was not one of the ladies he used to meet in bars and pubs before he was sent to Azkaban. Margo — contrary to all the woman he'd spend those meaningless nights with — had feelings. Feelings for him, Sirius. And those feelings clearly shouldn't be there.

   Even fully drunk, Sirius couldn't do this to her. It's not like he'd use her; his feelings for Margo were out of question. But he didn't want to put up false hopes high in the girl's mind. Because this — the pictures playing in his head — were never going to happen. Margo was too young, too innocent, too pure for an old heavy like him.

   So Sirius fingers traced down the rest of her arm, way too slowly, breathing in this moment fully, until he reached her tiny hands and found what he was aiming for. Margo's eyes were still closed, when Sirius untangled her own fingers with well coordinated movements. Her eyes instantly flung open, as she noticed what he was up to, and they narrowed, as Sirius wrapped his grip around the bottleneck. She didn't fight as he slowly pulled the bottle out of her hand and she didn't move or say a word, as he paced out of the room without another look at her.

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

please consider to vote/comment on the story to support its success.

❤️