Friends or Foes?

"Wait... what?" I asked. I couldn't believe what my mother, Annabeth Frank, just said. I, (the teenage target of awkwardness and keeping to myself,) who also has very few friends in Vancouver, has to go to the beach for a party? And, had to drive with Mike Sawyer?

Not to mention, it was my first full day in Miami. The party wasn't until tonight, and I needed to pick out an outfit.

Hooray...

Wanting to make myself look perfect, I simply chose a black crop top with daisies on it with dark blue high-waisted shorts. I put my hair up in a ponytail with a yellow elastic. I didn't put on any makeup, because I did not have any.

Typical shy girl from Vancouver.

WOO-HOO.

Several hours later, I heard a car horn outside on the driveway. With an exasperated sigh, my head bent, and a tight smile, I went outside. I reluctantly stepped into Mike's cherry red Acura MDX.

I slammed the door and buckled my seatbelt. I glanced at Mike, only to notice that he was staring at me.

"May I help you?" I asked.

"No, but are you ready to go?" Mike said.

"Does it look like it?" I asked.

"Well... yeah, I guess." Mike replied.

"Okay then. DRIVE!" I yelled.

Mike lightly pressed on accelerator, and we drove to the beach.

When we arrived at the beach, I was met with broad smiles, hushed talking, and blaring music. Mike grabbed my wrist and brought me over to a group of people, who I was assuming were Mike's friends. There were 3 girls, and 2 boys.

"Guys, this is Laura. Laura, these are my friends, Hayley, Isabel, Yenteen, James, and Chase."

I examined each person closely.

Hayley was freakishly tall. Her stick-straight blonde hair was put up in a tight bun. Her dark makeup made her hazel eyes pop. She also had big eyes, a tiny button nose, and a small, cheery smile.

Isabel had gorgeous curly brown hair which reached her torso. She also had bright green eyes. Isabel could practically be a CoverGirl model if she tried out for it.

Yenteen had straight black hair, and a beautiful smile that could light up an entire room. She also had dark brown eyes, which made her light pink lips stand out even more.

James had long, shaggy blonde hair. Like Hayley, he also had hazel eyes. Basically, to put it shortly, they were identical twins.

Chase had a dark brown buzz cut. He was the tallest in the group, with an outstanding height of 6'8. Also, Chase had dark green eyes.

"Hi, Laura!" said the group in freaky unison.

"Um, hi?" I replied.

The moment I finished my sentence, I was engulfed in a huge group hug by all of the girls. On the other hand, the boys, just stood to the side.

But one question popped into my mind.

Are these people my friends, or foes?