Spring in the hospital room

One day, time stopped for both of them as they set out on a journey together. All that remained— were the organs that they had donated together and the smiles that they brought upon several people and their families.

Aarav and Ananya had met each through Facebook about 6–7 months ago. Though both had no profile pictures on their accounts, the time that they had spent chatting to each other all day long, had brought them closer. They didn't know how the other looked but that didn't cause them to care less for each other. Both weren't comfortable to showing themselves in hospital robes. So neither ever talked about their appearances.

Both were orphans and had grown up in orphanages. They knew what pain and suffering is like, and now lying on a hospital bed they also fathomed the feeling of loneliness and how it feels to be dying gradually. However, all these feelings hadn't stopped them from opening up their hearts for the other. With time ticking down on their lives gradually, longingness proliferated to an extent that they realized that it'll be extremely sorrowful for the partner who'll be left behind. So one day when Ananya had a severe seizure and was unconscious the whole day, the first thing she decided after waking up was that she had to tell Aarav about her condition and had to confess her feelings before she breathed her last.

On the other hand, Aarav was quite tensed as he couldn't contact Ananya the whole day as he didn't want to lose even a second of his life wastefully. He assumed that Ananya thought they could talk anytime, so leaving out one day won't cause much harm. Thus he too decided to reveal his secret to Ananya, which he had concealed from her very carefully and safely.

As Aarav was lying on bed his phone buzzed. Huriedly, he checked his phone as she was the only person who ever contacted him. "Can you meet me today? I have something to tell you"— the message read. 

Dejected Aarav messaged back— "Can't you just type it here? I can't meet you

Dejected Aarav messaged back— "Can't you just type it here? I can't meet you. It's not that I'm busy or don't want to, but I just can't.. And I've got to tell you something too."— as he can't leave his hospital bed, his body being attached to several machines.

As he sent it to her, a sudden jabbing pain in his abdomen made him cry out. Soon, a nurse came in and administered him with painkillers. His vision blacked out once the painkillers started seeping into him.

"Is he a child.. always howling so loud", thought Ananya as the boy at the next bed cried out in pain.

She was a bit pissed off seeing his message that manifested blatant rudeness. However she desired to put her heart out to him as not much time was left for her anyway and she was very thankful to him for making her past few months in hospital tolerable.

So she described well about her current situation and how she might leave anytime soon. Her fingers trembled as she typed the last few words — "I love you... but please don't love me back as I'll leave soon anyway.. and thanks for spending so much time with me without knowing me. Sorry for the sudden bomb. Hope you forgive me before it's my last day." She cried profusely after typing it. She was eager to know how he'll react on reading it as she touched the 'SEND' button. However, seconds ticked by but there was no answer. "I knew he'd leave me after knowing about it."— thought her innocent self as she got teary-eyed again.

"— thought her innocent self as she got teary-eyed again

Please let me know about your views on this chapter. Thanks a lot. I'll update soon :)