Reality Show

Ning Xi attracted a little attention through 'My Heart Longs for You' and for a while, her popularity rose. There were some curious fans who went to her Weibo page. They saw that the number of fans she had was only in three digits and she had posted nothing on Weibo. Out of sympathy, they developed a favourable impression of Ning Xi and many became concerned about her.

Jiuji Entertainment's publicity team was also quite clever. They didn't go to grab the attention, fearing that doing so would earn them anti-fans, but during the publicity events of 'My Heart Longs for You', Ning Xi joined the lead actors and gained some popularity by accompanying the stars.

The director of this movie had a good impression on Ning Xi and didn't exclude Jiuji Entertainment from his arrangements. So, when the lead stars were going to participate in an episode of a reality show, they brought her along.

Newcomers like Ning Xi weren't allowed to use the same dressing room as the lead artists. So before the shooting began, she and the other cast members in supporting roles came into another dressing room and lined up for makeup.

The TV station's staff was polite and didn't want to easily offend people. People like Ning Xi, a promising newcomer, they greeted very politely and behaved thoughtfully.

That she could participate in this reality show's episode was a result of her strength. But, since she didn't have the popularity of her senior actors, Ning Xi didn't dare to grab attention from them and sat in a corner honestly.

An assistant there was worried that she would be bored and gave her glass of water along with a magazine.

After waiting for a while, it was finally Ning Xi's turn to get her makeup done. She sat quietly on the chair and didn't have any demands on the makeup artist. She had a smile on her face which made her seem approachable.

The makeup artist had seen many small actors and actresses, but she had rarely seen one so quiet and pleasing to the eye. The tiredness she was feeling began to dissipate and she became calm again.

After all the actors and entertainers had finished their makeup, the two makeup artists and their assistants were relieved.

"That Ning Xi, she looked so beautiful!" The makeup artist who hadn't worked on Ning Xi sighed with emotion. She sliced the air with her hand, imitating a knife and asked, "Was there any...?"

The one who applied makeup on Ning Xi shook her head. "All natural."

Whose appearance was real and whose was not, the makeup artists were the ones who really knew. But everyone had been a part of the entertainment circle for long and knew what to say and what not to say, so they all pretended that they were ignorant.

"No wonder Jiuji Entertainment treats her like a treasure. She looks good and easily stands out. Later, she will have no shortage of fans." The artist began picking up her makeup tools. "Maybe this time, they really hit gold."

The reality show was an adaptation of its Taiwanese version. But even if it was an adaptation, it only followed the general direction of the original show. The details depended on the guests of the program and their skills in drawing attention to themselves and the show.

As a newcomer, Ning Xi had a minor role to play. She couldn't hog the limelight. Even if the lead artists didn't mind, the fans of these artists would definitely dislike her for it.

Towards the end of the show, the host asked the male lead, Chu Heng, "We all know that in this movie, there are three girls who liked you. Tell us which one was your favourite."

Chu Heng pretended to be afraid and looked at the male host. "Brother Jiang, you have trapped me unjustly!"

"Did you see?" The female host laughed loudly and said, "He is jealous that you are surrounded by so many beauties. He's deliberately putting you in a spot."