Home

Marinettes Point of View

Since the hospital was busy, Josiane sent me home with my 'parents' right after she saw Nothing was physically wrong with me and nothing life-threatening happened to me.

I had to ride in the car with the people who claimed to love me for twenty minutes. If they did as they said, raising me and loving me, then why would they not be in my memory? It made no sense and led me to dislike them. Thankfully, they let Chat Noir ride in the back with me, and he held my hand the whole way. I was extremely relieved that no one had caught us in our moment or there would be a lot more questions.

When we finally got home, my parents made a dinner of spaghetti and invited Chat to dinner. To my relief, he accepted.

"So, umm... are you feeling okay?" My 'mother' nervously asked me.

I had to bite my tongue to keep from scoffing at her, but I was able to reply. "Mentally or physically? Because I am still a little confused but am physically fine."

"Well that's good." My 'father' said.

We ate the rest of diner silently. When we were finished, I asked Chat Noir where my room was, and he led me up to a large pink space that appealed to me. I saw a chaise and sat down on it.

"Do you remember how you ended up at the hospital?" Chat asked me, sitting in a chair that was right next to a desk.

I shook my head. He opened his mouth about to tell me something but I interrupted him. "Please don't tell me. I don't want to know how I ended up with internal injuries like what I had until I'm sure I can handle it." I was honestly scared of what I would hear. If someone poisoned me or hit me hard enough to cause me to feel like this then I don't want to know that I was that unloved.

"It's okay, I understand." He replied with a smile.

"Where's the restroom?" I asked him.

His eyes widened in fear. "I'll show you, but stay here for a minute." He ran off in some direction and came back a few minutes later. "Okay, come on."

He led me to a clean bathroom. I didn't know why he had to run off till I saw that the mirror looked recently wiped down. Hmmm.....

This chapter feels really short. It's funny because it's longer than most of my recent chapters. 410 words. I like my chapters around 500 but have been hitting the   2 and 3 hundreds lately.

RFF: An 'aglet' is the plastic or metal tip of a shoelace.

Oh, that annoying thing that gets on the inside of my shoe has a name! It needs a more evil sounding name for all the pain and discomfort it has caused me!

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E