-16-

Overall, the day went pretty great, morning classes were just fitness and the project with Peter. I had no idea that everything could go wrong...

I stood at the end of the field, waiting for my friends to meet me. "Hey, you came!" I cheered as I spotted the two boys walking closer. "I didn't really have a choice, Peter is hooked, literally." Ned groaned, and Peter looked away awkwardly. "Well, glad to know he loves me. But I just wanted to catch up with you guys, no interruptions. I've missed talking, you know? Flash was so demanding of me with this act, but it's over now, for good." I sighed as we sat down on the grass in a circle. "We get it. We grew up with the jerk." Peter stated, "never used to be like it though. He was actually kind of nice up until we started here."
"Yeah, now it's just punch, kick and insult." Ned complained doing little actions and making us laugh. "Yeah, well I'm sorry for that. But I assure you, if he even steps within a meter of us I'll...."
"You'll what?" I rolled my eyes as I heard Flash question me from behind. I stood up and dragged him out of earshot.

"Leave us the fuck alone!" I growled, clenching my fists. "And why would I do that? We have a deal remember? You be my girlfriend and I keep your secret." He hissed, smirking. "Well you can shove that deal right up your ass, after all Flash, you tell my secret, I get you arrested by the avengers. You were conversing with the Living Laser, willingly. That's enough for at least a 5 year sentence, but I assure you, my dad can make that a lot longer." I threatened, pushing him away. "You wouldn't dare." He seethed, coming closer again, just inches away and grabbing my arm.

I went to push him off again, but he flew back, releasing my arm. In his place stood Peter. "That's enough Flash. Leave us alone." He said, taking my hand. "Like you can stop me." He advanced, but this time it was my turn. I stood in front of him, clenched my fist and punched him right in the face. "No, but I can. Just remember what I can do, Flash." I took Peter's hand and walked back to Ned, glancing back threateningly.

"Right, where were we?" I asked, sitting down. Ned just stared. "Is he alright?" I whispered in Peter's ear, confused. "Oh, no he's fine. Go on Ned, let it out." He said awaiting my reaction. "You..Flash...THAT WAS AWESOME! You two are like the power couple of the century!" He celebrated, before taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "Well, thanks. I assure you we're not going to be bothered again by him for a while." I smiled, "and if we are, let's just say I know a guy." I laughed as Ned pretended to be cool, crossing his arms and tilting his head up slightly.

Slowly, I shuffled closer to Peter's bag, thinking it would be the perfect time to pull a prank and steal it. "What are you planning Krats?" Peter asked, looking down at me. "Nothing." I replied sweetly. "Just getting closer."
"Why?" He looked at me, suspicious. I grinned, "So I can do this."
"Do wha..HEY!" He shouted after me as I picked it up and ran off a little. "Hmm, I wonder what you're hiding in here, maybe you secretly have a million dollars." I joked unzipping the bag slightly, but as I glanced down, I spotted a familiar coloured fabric, and the design...no. "P..Peter, a..a word." I squeaked, zipping it up, grabbing my own, and pulling Peter into the corner, away from sight.

"Can I have my bag back now Rie?" He smirked, laughing at me. I wasn't smiling. "What is it?" He asked, smile fading as he realised I was upset. "Are you him?" I asked, not looking away from his eyes. "What are you talking about?"
"Are. You. Him?" I repeated. He didn't answer so I opened his backpack, pulling out the fabric. "Oh that? You see May is making me go to this party after school..." I blanked him out as I examined the supposed 'costume'.

I made the suit, well mostly, but I knew it better than my dad. I put it together, he just did the programming and supplying. This was it. From the black lining in the fabric, to the tracker inside.

"Riley?" Peter paused, realising I had stopped listening."Why'd you lie?" I asked, holding in tears. "Why would you tell me you would wait, when you already knew what was wrong? All those days I missed, you said you didn't know why, but you're the one who saved me. You, are, Spiderman." He looked down, sad. "I'm sorry Riley. But I kept it a secret for you, your dad, he told me if you knew that you couldn't come to Midtown." He mumbled, reaching for my hand. "Don't." I stopped him by handing back the suit, turning away and walking off.

Then I felt a substance on my hand, webbing. Then pulling. "Let me go Peter!" I screeched, pulling back. "No. Not when you're like this, I've seen you, I know what could happen. And what if I can't pull you out of it this time?" Now I was right in front of him, he replaced the webbing with his hand. I turned again, wanting to leave, call my suit and leave. But he continued to pull, and I swung back with my arm. Only it wasn't mine. It was the robotic one, and he flew back into the fence.

It was at that moment I stopped hating him, and started to hate myself. "NED!" I screamed, watching the boy run over to Peter from my call. I watched, and as soon as I saw Peter stand again, thanks to his powers, I ran. "Riley! Riley don't, stop! Please!" I heard Peter shouting behind me, but I didn't listen. I clipped on the familiar metal bracelets, flicking my wrists continuing to run. Wind whipped against my face, causing the falling tears to sting and fall even faster. I spotted the blue and black metal, flying towards me in the sky, opening up. As soon as it reached me I was inside, flying away to nowhere.

"Incoming call from your father" TUESDAY informed. "Deny." I ordered, but I watched as the screen flashed red, overrun by my dad. His face popped up.
"What do you want dad?" I snapped, annoyed and upset.
"Riley..." He sighed, opening his mouth to speak again, but I didn't let him. "No dad. How could you keep it from me! And forcing him to stay quiet!" I cut him off, unable to hear what he wanted to say. "I had no choice Riley! How would you have reacted if you found out the only guy who could save you over your whole family, Spiderman, was actually your friend! A close friend who made you happier than I'd ever seen!" He raised his voice, and I could see tears in his eyes. "I would have been happy you told me! How many times have I told you? Lies mess me up big time. My trust is important to me dad! You know that, you should know better than anyone!" I was screaming at him now, tears falling even quicker down my cheeks. His face changed, from a look of anger to one of defeat. "Riley. Come home. Please, don't go. I don't want to lose you." He begged, a tear falling and I shook my head, the blood drained from my face before I spoke.... "You already have."

I hung up the call, going into dark mode, which hid me from any tracking device, even any my dad tried to use. However, I hadn't been paying attention as I was arguing with him, and a plane was headed straight for me. "Shit!" I cursed rolling to the side, but my suit was knocked and my thrusters failed. "Crap! Come on! Come on!" I tried and tried but nothing happened, I plummeted closer to the sea, the waves crashing below me. Until I hit. All I felt was sinking...deeper...darker...colder.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered passing out, giving in to a cold, watery sleep.