Chapter 1: Normal

As I said this is my first story and I'm rlly scared but here goes, tell me what you think....

Skye's POV

My blank, tired mind was peaceful for once as I soundly slept on my springy bed. I felt a wave of dizziness hit me as my alarm started ringing from my phone, and as I turned off the annoying alarm I checked the date. Great. Just great. Anyway, I flopped back onto my bed and opened my blinds to reveal way too much sunlight and my sleepy eyes squinted to see the short cut grass all across our neighbourhood lawn. When we first moved here, around 8 years ago, i was fascinated by the refreshing tones of greens and yellows, but after 8 years of looking out the same window and dreading the sunlight, things just get a little dull I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'm no vampire or anything, I just don't like sunlight on weekdays and well quite frankly I don't think I even need to explain to anyone who ever went to school, why it is I loathe the sunlight sometimes.

Thoughts got lost in my mind as my eyes drifted shut once more but of course, happiness just can't last. Everyone knows that. My mother shouted from downstairs to check if I was awake and as i lazily answered, I got out my headphones and started playing my music. Climbing down my ladder of my bunk bed, music drowning out my tiredness (not all of it of course :/) I felt slightly sick but I shrugged it out, 'Probably just nerves" I reassured myself. I switched the bathroom light on and went to the sink to wash my face( don't worry i took my headphones off) and as I did everyday, freshness and coolness relaxed me and my nerves as I slowly dried my wet face with a towel.

Without even bothering to look in the mirror (cos we all know the horrific sight I'm going to see anyway), I went back into me and sister's bedroom and shouted at her to wake up while getting out my uniform from my plain white wardrobe. Just looking at my uniform on this Monday morning, made me want to turn back time and go back to the weekend, hufffff. After getting dressed and brushing my teeth, putting on moisturising cream and quickly brushing my black, wavy hair before tying it up into a messy bun with my side fringes hanging loose.

I quickly grabbed my schoolbag and hurried down the carpeted stairs onto the cold chill of the wooden floor, and as I grabbed my lunch and filled up a water bottle I stuffed my face with toast .... brown bread for life 😂😍😍🍞.
Now if this were some glamorous movie or fantasy book, my best friend would have come and pick me up but this is real life and me and my friends are all 12/13 so there's no chance we can do that. Finally my sister came downstairs and I made a sisterly annoyance face at her.... yep that's a thing live with it. We made our way out to the parking lot and got into the car with my sister always in the front passenger seat leaving me at the back. Although because I like music I like being alone with my headphones on and just relaxing before the doom of school starts😒😭 WHHYYYY??!!

Okay so here is the first part and I know it's rlly slow moving rn but I promise u it will get better and there's a storyline developing very soon I'm te next part... if people read this and like it I'll continue so plz tell me your honest thoughts, good or bad, thnks and I hoped u could relate to this a bit and had a laugh here and there cxxxx
Okay now this is too long sorry I'll go

~M