Part 4.

If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade, but what if life gave you a doll what do you do then?

Caleb felt like the life had been drained from him, all the energy he had conserved was gone in a few hours. He had to recharge. Ten hours of sleep the minimum, no social interactions for at least a week, and food that would last him long enough. It was time to go into hibernation. Or so he thought.

Having cleaned his apartment, every nook, and cranny, he'd think he'd cleaned all his problems. Showering a doll and getting him dressed. Caleb being the shortest in the room and the only other male species had to fit the rather tall stranger into his clothes. He didn't think far ahead to know what he would wear when he threw his dirty clothes into the laundry.

Besides the fact that his pair of jeans was running away from his ankles and an oversized hoodie he bought but never returned. His look was acceptable. It was almost noon when Caleb finished packing his clothes back in his closet. The hoodie was buried deep much like the skeletons he had in his closet. He fell onto his single bed, a towel thrown over his damp hair. He sighed loudly because why not. He opened his eyes to look at the ceiling.

"God really is picking favorites," Simone said.

"This is the part where I respond with a yes."

"I mean look at him and then there's you."

Caleb propped himself onto his elbow. "I'm not even going to deny that. He's too hot for his own good. And the fact that he's unaware makes me a bit annoyed by it." He spared him a glance. "You think he was made by a God?"

"He's a doll possessed by an evil spirit which is my strongest stance or he's human like you said who somehow has amnesia and completely forgets the ability to function or some random God made him. Beyond our own world, there are lots of God in other cultures."

"A God of Dolls. Not something you would hear at all."

"I'm just laying out the possibilities."

"Put your crazy away. It's showing." Caleb said. "And can you not do that."

"If you haven't realized," Simone replied her gaze not faltering. "I'm having a staring contest with him. A new hobby of mine." Caleb knew she was being sarcastic.

"Even if you are having a staring contest with him. I doubt he knows what you're doing or what's happening at all. He's that unaware." He sat up. "He blinked," he added after seeing him blink after a few seconds.

"I know," Simone simply said. "At first I was going to keep a close eye on him in case you know he does anything. Along the lines, it became a staring contest. I'm on my twentieth consecutive wins." feeling proud of herself.

"I told you he wasn't dangerous." he tried to convince her. He took the towel from his head tossing it behind him.

"That's what they all say before the doll brutally murders them. I'm convinced you have never seen Chuckie or Annabelle." She turned to look at Caleb her light brown eyes piercing his.

"Says the person who made me watch them along with Hayley on movie night." Movie night became something that the trio made a routine.

"You just proved how stupid you are," she chuckled. "Last night you said he had a heart which started your he's human thoughts." Simone got up to test if it was true. She was scared, but it was something to be done to move forward. "No grudges if I touch you without permission." She pressed her hand to his chest. "No shit," there it was the thumping that could be felt from a live person. She threw her fear out the window and proceeded to touch his skin. "Am I crazy or Am I crazy."