Chapter 9

KATHRYN'S POV:

I knew that this couldn't be good because every time he texts me he always wants something. I gently swiped my phone, the text read: "hey bæ what's up, I haven't seen your pretty face in a while".

Hanging out with all of the "magcon boys" has literally made me so happy and I don't need Garret to ruin it. I decide to text back saying "hey, and nothing what's up". I text it with no emojis, showing no emotion at all. He immediately reads the text and starts to type. Soon my phone dings again and the text reads: "oh cool, so I was wondering if you wanted hangout again". I wanted to throw my phone against the wall in frustration, I got up, walked out the door and slamming it by accident.

I didn't know where I was walking to my feet just carried me away. I ended up standing against the railing of a balcony looking at the horizon of city lights. I was letting my mind wander at the topic of Garret. I know that he wants to get back to get back together with me, he has tried to before. The reason that we broke up in the first place is because he cheated on me. He has done it to every girl he has dated and I was stupid enough to let me be one of those girls. I would give him another chance I really would it's just that I know I will end up in tears. In the middle of my thoughts I hear the subtle thump of foot steps coming towards me as the thump gets loader and the railing vibrates because the dragging of their feet on the floor. The vibration and thumping stops, I turn my head to the right and see Nash staring off into the distance like I was moments ago.

"Hey" he says

"Hi" I say and show no emotion

"So what's bothering you" he asks

"Nothing" I simply say

"Someone doesn't slam a door, come outside and stare at the horizon, and then say that there is nothing wrong."

"Yea I guess there is something bothering me but it's okay"

"You can tell me, you don't have to but you can"

"You really want to know don't you" I say laughing a bit

"Yea kinda" he laughs too

"So it's my ex-boyfriend Garret, he starting texting me again and I know he wants to get back together."

"Well do you"

"No, that's the problem and he won't give it up"

"Oh I see, he wants you but you don't want him"

"Yea..." I trail my words

"Understandable"

"What is that supposed to mean"

"That he wants you" he says and I roll my eyes "how about we go back to Cams room and pretend Garret doesn't exist" he suggests

"Yea that's sounds perfect" I say and turn around and start walking, nash walking aside me. You walk back into the room and all of the boys's eyes are glued to the T.V. screen. They are playing GTA, I don't know why boys like this game. I sit down on the bed like I was before and decide to turn my phone off diminishing any type of contact with Garret. Hayes comes over and sits next to me on the bed.

"What happened" he asks

"Nothing, it's okay now" I say grabbing his hand, I yawned and my eyes fluttered a bit

"Are you tired" he asks

"Yea..." I yawn again

"C'mon I'll take you back your room" he says picking me up bridal style, I snuggle my head in the crook of neck. All of the boys including Nash had their full attention to the TV so they didn't notice what was happening. Hayes walked out of their room and down the hallway to mine.

"Do you have the key" he asks

"Yea it's in my back pocket" I say, was able to hold me with one arm and successfully get the key from my pocket. He unlocked my door and set me down on my bed.

"Goodnight beautiful" he says and kisses me on the cheek

"Ugh can't you just stay" I say

"I wish I could but we both know that your dad would kill me"

"But I want you to stay" I pout

"I know but I'll see you tomorrow morning at breakfast" he presses his lips to me cheek one last time before exciting my room. After laying there for about 10 minutes not being able to sleep I feel the bed dip. I wish it was Hayes but I know it was Nash. But just at the thought of Hayes made me drift off into a deep sleep.