7. under control

i went back to my house after lip said he was gonna go drop off liam at day care

i went back to my house after lip said he was gonna go drop off liam at day care. i was alone in my house and i grabbed my phone and texted lip a tongue emoji.

before, when we were 17 we would text each other a tongue emoji whenever we wanted to have sex. so we texted each other a lot. today was one of the first days i've ever used that tactic again.

i heard my phone buzz and i saw that lip had replied to me.

i'll be over in 10 minutes. lip texted back. i grinned and i waited till he showed up. once he finally did, we immediately took our clothes off and went into my bedroom.

-

later that night there was a dinner at sierras house that debbie put together and lip and i went over there together.

"lip, mel. you guys came." debbie said hugging us both.

"yeah, of course." lip said.

"i wouldn't miss it." i said.

"how'd frannys exam go?" lip asked her.

"great. health. no bruises." debbie replied.

"that's great, debs." i said.

"have you been drinking?" debbie asked lip.

"just a couple. it's under control." lip said and then i felt my heart drop to the floor.

i knew that lip was allowed to drink a little bit after seven o'clock so i wasn't gonna start panicking until i saw it was becoming a problem again.

"hey, um, we're doing this send off thing for carl tomorrow." lip told her.

"yeah, i heard. yeah, you think you could maybe pick up the decorations and the cake and stuff like that? i'm just really busy at work." lip said.

"yeah, for sure." debbie replied.

"sweet. than, you, debs. here you go." lip said giving her some money.

"nah. neil and i got it covered. come and give me a hand?" debbie asked.

"of course." i said following behind debbie.

"sure, yeah. how's it going, bud?" lip said to sierras kid.

"hey." sierra said smiling at me.