Sparks

A/N

Okay, so I know I said this book was only for fluff, but I just didn't know where else to put this. So I guess it goes here. ¯\_()_/¯

§

They came as if from nowhere. All armed, all with a gleam of death in their eyes.

Whatever Firhaur had been doing, it was forgotten now, falling to the ground as the humans lunges forward.

The first made a pass at Gaster, and Firhaur didn't think. He lurched forward, slamming his feet against the ground between his panicked brother and the human. Not an attack, merely a warning, as he fixed the human with a fierce glare.

Unfortunately, this was read as a threat by another, and before the dragon could get out a word, he felt the burn of a Magical attack slam into his side.

Whipping his head around to demand a halt in the assault, Firhaur found himself horribly unguarded for the next attack that came from behind.

And as he stumbled to regain his balance, hands, feet, and wings all against the ground, Firhaur heard something that made his blood run cold.

Gaster. Crying out in pain. As an attack. Slammed into his shoulder.

And that was it.

Because Gaster was his, his brother, his to protect, and now Gaster was hurt, and that was nOT ALLOWED.

Firhaur didn't think. There was no room for thinking. Only protecting. Only fighting.

There was the barest instant as something ignited alongside the anger in the bossmonster's chest, and then he was dropping his head low, jaw hanging wide, heat against the roof of his mouth and pressure in his throat, and everywhere was bathed in amethyst flame.

But it wasn't enough. There was a shout, and a flash, and Firhaur heard a snap as one of the fingers of his left wing was bent at an angle it definitely wasn't supposed to be.

But there was no time for pain. Only time to reach out, claws across the attacker's chest, red, hot, wet against his hand, and the human collapsed.

There were more, though, and they attacked in synchronicity.

Firhaur twisted. His teeth found the shoulder of one human, his foot the chest of another. One wing was used to shield, attacks breaking against the thick webbing between the fingers. One hand ripping an attacker off the other wing.

And they were all focused on him now. That was good. Very good, because if they all fought him it would mean none would fight Gaster, which was good because he needed to protect his brother, couldn't let anything hurt his brother woULD NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO HURT HIS BROTHER WOULD NOT-

He felt it that time, a blade sinking deep into his chest.

And it hurt. Oh, it burned.

Well, he could burn them back, he had fIRE TOO, HE COULD LIGHT THEM ABLAZE, KEEP THEM FROM HARMING HIS BROTHER-

There was a sound. A thunderous sound, a roaring, howling, furious, powerful sound, coming from his own throat, as again he let loose with a jet of fire, sweeping his head side to side, letting them burn just as they had tried to do to him, as they wOULD DO TO HIS BROTHER, AND HE WOULD NOT ALLOW THEM TO HURT HIS BROTHER-

And it changed to a scream. Something had torn- been sliced through- his left wing, and it collapsed beneath him, barely responsive to commands.

But no. No. He was not done he hAD TO PROTECT HIS BROTHER-

Firhaur pushes himself up on his hands and launched himself forward, slamming into the nearest human. Another came to the first's defense, and got his head bitten off for his troubles.

And then their was another burning pain and his right leg nearly gave out, but no, he couldn't leT THEM BURN HIS BROTHER HAD TO MAKE THEM BURN-

And his brother was there, fear in his eyes, Firhaur, get up! Please!

Fire in his shoulder as his arms collapsed, dropping him forward.

MAKE THEM BURN

Brother, please! Get up!

Gaster.

Struggling to rise, fire in his mouth.

MAKE THEM BURN

Firhaur!

Make them burn. Gaster, make them burn!

One instant, head falling to the ground, eyelids fluttering.

Brother, standing over him, a staff burning with purple fire in hand, jaw hanging open in a scream of rage.

MAKE THEM BURN!

...Annoying Dog...

...And then...

...What have I done.?

§

A/N

I dunno how it relates, but I was listening to this while writing this bit:

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it! Comments and votes are my favorite things, and every notification I get makes my day!