Prologue

OverDrive

~~

Author's Note:

Before I start, I want to let you know that this is the first story I've written that I'm actually proud of. So I hope you like it!

~~

Prologue

The light of the moon was reflected into the room with twice as much brightness as there was outside. The lights of the city were like flickering fires, lighting up the city further.

A man sat at his desk, during a night unlike most other nights. He awaited his plans for the future.

"General, is it ready?" The man asked, hastily. The man stood and paced his office impatiently, waiting for the report then he was waiting for.

"Yes sir, it is functional." The General responded, a bit of hesitation in her voice. She didn't want to emphasize on it.

"Good." The man strode in front of the clear glass wall looking out at the grand city. It was full of buildings scraping the sky, winding roads, and thousands of people living peacefully.

"When will it be ready for use? I've waited long enough already." The man asked, giving the General a stare that could bring even the strongest of men to his knees.

The General hesitated, choosing her words carefully. "It is almost completed, sir. All that remains in the process is tweaking and further testing," the General replied, a bead of sweat trickling down her forehead. She didn't want to say this much.

The man glared at the General, obviously not liking her answer. "Almost completed? As in, not yet ready?" He reached into his pocket and pulled something out, displaying it to the General.

The General's eyes grew wide a moment after viewing the item in the man's hand. "S-sir, would you like to see the report for it?" She asked, her hands trembling over the keyboard of her computer.

"You know how I don't like waiting. I get... restless when I wait. Like I'm required to fill the gap reserved for the thing I'm waiting for." The man said, slowly.

The General backed up slowly, her eyes wild with fear as she hugged her own trembling body.

The man smiled sadistically as the sound of a gunshot echoed through the room. "What a shame, this was a new suit. Now it's stained." he murmured.

The man sat back into his chair at his desk just as the phone rang. He pressed speaker and the female secretary's voice was heard.

"Sir, it will be ready in a few days time," the secretary told the man. Her voice was quiet, as if she was trying to keep a secret.

The man nodded to himself, "that's fine. I've temporarily cured my impatience." The man rubbed his temple irritatedly. "Go get yourself a drink. Also, get me a coffee."

"Of course, Mayor Felin." The secretary purred. Then the call finished.

Mayor Felin swept his eyes over the room. His room was now sporting a brand new mannequin that had a striking resemblance to the general. With her short blond hair, bright blue eyes and light complexion.

Felin's walls also had more red spatters and polka dots on it then it did before.