Chapter 1: Coming Home

It was a crispy yet moist yet sunny yet cloudy day when Thaddeus walked off the train. He was welcomed by the sound of talking children. When he saw this, he was remembered by the wonderful experiences that he had as a child. He then noticed the sign they were holding. It read: Welcome Home From Prison, Grandma.
"How wonderful," murmured Thaddeus. After he said this he heard an argument going on. It was the grandma. She had an orange jumpsuit on and was being held by both arms by police officers.
     "Let me go. You're hurting my granny arms," said the grandma.
     "That doesn't make sense," said the officer on the left."You've been knocking out other prisoners by a single punch and all of the sudden you've now lost all your strength?"
     The other officer said,"Don't talk to her, she always lies."
     The grandma started screaming out of frustration. They walked her over to her family and started screaming into one of the children's faces."
     "AHHHHHH," said the grandma
     "Get out of his face," said the officer on the right.
     "You heard her, Granny, get out of his face!" said the other officer a little louder, loud enough to be considered yelling.
     "AHHHHHHHH!" said the Granny.
     The grandma then turned on the officer on the left and punched him, making him pass out.
     "I need backup," said the other officer in his radio walkie talkie thing.
     The officer then ran over and grabbed the granny's arms, she broke free of the left arm. The backup then started coming. All at the same time, military personnel and police officers ran to her. In the background, you could hear the sound of fighter jets and a helicopter hovering above the train station. Tanks then started rolling in and broke some of the building off. It fell into the rails. A high speed train started rolling in at 36 mph (58 kph) not the fastest speed since it was going through a train station, but fast enough. It rolled over the chunks of bricks on the rails and immediately derailed. The back part of the train jammed into the fence on the other side of the station, while the front part ran into the platform. It then exploded. That explosion made the tanks explode which distracted the fighter jet pilots and some crashed into the train station, and others a few yards out.
     During this, Thaddeus had run away from the station, but then decided to run inside a building.
     A homeless man also saw what was going on and ran in the building with him. They were both in the lobby of the building.
     "That was a lot of fire," said the homeless man.
     "I know, I'm lucky I'm survived!" said Thaddeus.
     The explosions stopped a few moments later and it was safe.
     "Ok, well have a great rest of the day," said Thaddeus.
     When he arrived home, Thaddeus' wife, Dorothy, greeted him.
     "Hey honey, how was your day?" she said.
     "The day was fine, but returning was what was hard."
     "Why, what happened?" Dorothy asked.
     Thaddeus said,"I'll tell you later, I need to rest right now. By the way, where is Margaret?"
     "Why won't you tell me now, where you with another girl?" inquired Dorothy.
     "You always go to that, and I'm sick of it."
     "Then leave. Me and my mom will be perfectly happy without you."
     "Really," said Thaddeus."Why would you even say that?"
     "I'm tired of you always hiding things from me!"
     "I'm not hiding anything from you, I said I will tell you later!"
     "Just leave me alone. Margaret is playing with her toys. I'm sure you'll tell her exactly what happened."
     "Well she is 8, so she wouldn't automatically think I was with a girl if I didn't tell her where I've been."
     "Ok, leave!" yelled Dorothy.
Thaddeus walked down the hallway into Margaret's room.
     "Hey honey."
     "Hello, Mr.Father," Margaret said, laughing.
     "Where did you learn to call me that?"
     "Go away!"
     Thaddeus decided to take her doorknob off. He then threw the doorknob at Margaret's head.
     Margaret said,"Oof!"
    "Take that you brat. You ugly!"
    "No u!"
     Thaddeus ran away from the door and slipped on the floor.
     "Oof!" said Thaddeus
"Take that you brat," mocked Margaret,"You ugly!"
Thaddeus started crying and ran away. He was extremely mad at Margaret and Dorothy.
"It's okay, you're the best," Thaddeus said to himself, trying to comfort himself.
"No you're not!" said a voice.
"Who are you?" Thaddeus asked, scared.
"Uhhhh I'm Elizabeth. We live together."
"Oh yeah. Why do we live together? I forgot."
"You are married to my daughter, and you guys invited me to live with you, so I did."
"Oh yeah," Thaddeus repeated.
"And then you had that stupid child. I never wanted Dorothy to have children, but too late!" said Elizabeth in a loud voice, which is called yelling.
Thaddeus rolled his eyes. "You know who you remind me of?"
"What?" said Elizabeth.
"Some grandma today I saw at the train station," said Thaddeus laughing harder and harder. Eventually stopping because something happened with his body in which he couldn't talk/laugh or do anything else that included his lungs. Also called "running out of breath".
"Ok, and....." said Elizabeth in a very disrespectful tone.
Thaddeus stopped laughing. Not because he had "ran out of breath", but because Elizabeth was being disrespectful. He started crying.
"Little cry baby," Elizabeth murmured to herself while running out of the room.