Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kane

I laid Jazmyne down on the bed as she finally went to sleep. I knew she was having a hard time dealing with everything, especially losing the baby. But never did I guess she was relieving those events every day.

My fingers stroked along her face as I stared at her. I wanted to know why she had to go through everything. I didn't understand what the Goddess were trying to prevent her from being. And if the Goddess had her life set only for pain. How the hell was I supposed to protect her from what has already been written.

A sigh left my mouth as I kissed her forehead. I couldn't be mad that she blamed me for what happened. Hell, I blamed myself for everything. I knew if I stayed that day things would have turned out differently for her.

I pulled out my phone and stared at Docteri's number. My eyes slid to Jazmyne. She had too much pain and anger inside of her that I didn't think she could survive it. I wanted him to take her pain away because she was dying inside herself.

Leaving out her room, I walked into the living room just as Noah came in with Jamila right behind him. I didn't like that damn girl. She wasn't trying to help Jazmyne deal with her issues, if anything she helped drink.

"Jamila, you need to go." I nodded toward the door for her to leave. "And, your friendship with Jazmyne, is done—"

"Why is that?" Jazmyne asked from behind me. I glanced over at her, she stood there with puffy red eye from all the crying she had done. Jazmyne rubbed her eyes and sighed before putting her hair into a messy ponytail. "I couldn't sleep." She shrugged. "Now why can't she be my friend?" She walked passed me, going to the couch.

"I don't think she helps you with your problems. So I don't see the point in her friendship." I told her honestly. Now that I knew what the extent of her issues really was. I didn't see the point for Jamila to be around.

"That's why I like to be around her, Jamila don't be down my neck every other minute about it. And she's not a constant reminder of it." Jazmyne pointed out.

Grr... Stone growled frustrated. She needs to kick this shit, Docteri taking the pain away isn't right. It's us. You're being to nice with her, Kane. He growled pissed at me.

What would you suggest I do? Lock her in a cell until she forgets everything? I snapped right back at him.

If it helps, then yeah. Because standing around and letting her walk all over you ain't doing a gotdamn thing. Put Jamila out and finalize the end of their friendship.

"Jamila, go." I nodded toward the door and Noah opened it for her.

She stared at Noah in disbelief, then looked to Jazmyne to say something.

"Get the hell out." I growled at her.

She let out a heavy breath before leaving out the apartment.

"You didn't have to be mean to her. She might not give me the type of help you like, but she helps me." Jazmyne said with an attitude.

"Look, we're not about to argue about her. If Jamila really cared about you she would've done more. And I don't care how you try to justify her being around. She's not your friend." I went over and sat beside her. I looked at Noah.

"Are you going to put him out too?" Jazmyne questioned.

"Yeah, because we need to talk." I nodded toward the door for him to leave.