The Disappearing Act

Gracie's POV
"DJ!" I squealed as he came through the door holding his mom's hand. He looked over at me and smiled brightly. He let go of his mom's hand and ran to me. I ran to him and we met half way and hugged each other tightly.

"Happy Birthday!" DJ said smiling. I thanked him. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I looked up to see my mom smiling at DJ.

"Hello DJ!" My mommy said. "Gracie how about you show DJ the surprise!" I quickly remembered what she was talking about and squealed.

"Yes mommy!" I said. "Come on DJ!" I took his hand and dragged him in front of a big, wooden stage that was in the back of the restaurant. But that doesn't matter. It's what's on it that matters.

A big beautiful golden bear was standing on the stage. I looked over at DJ and his eyes were wide and his mouth was agape. The bear quickly took notice and came over to us.

"Hey kids nice to meet ya!" The bear said. DJ and I giggled. "Want to come up with me?"

"Yes!" DJ shouted. I nodded. We both ran up the steps and ran to the bear. We gave him a big hug. I could feel his big paw on my back hugging us back. He released us from the hug and looked down at us.

"What brings you two little squirts here?" The bear asked. DJ and I smiled. DJ than pointed at me.

"It's her birthday!" He said. The bear looked at me. I giggled.

"Oh! So you're the birthday girl!" The bear said. I nodded. "Well, happy
birthday!" I smiled.

"Thank you!" I said. Suddenly I heard my mom calling my name. "We've got to go." The bear nodded.

"See you later birthday girl!" The bear said as me and DJ ran off the stage. We ran over to my mom to see that Braxton and Jack were here. They both were my boy best friends. Braxton was small with blonde hair and black glasses. Jack was a bit taller and had brown hair and was like a stick.

"Braxton! Jack!" I yelled. I ran to them and we did a group hug. We all giggled.

"Happy birthday Gracie!" Braxton said.
"You're now six!" Jack said. I giggled and thanked them. They handed me two bags. "Those are you're birthday presents!" I gasped and was about to open it when my mom took them away.

"No opening presents right now Gracie," she said. "We're going to do that later!" I sighed but quickly cheered up when I had an idea. I touched DJ's arm.

"Tag you're it!" I yelled and ran the opposite direction.

"DJ's it!" Braxton yelled. I laughed and looked behind me. I saw DJ going after Jack so I slowed down and watched. Jack was fast but not for a super long time. DJ wasn't as fast but could run longer than him. Jack tried to zig zag through the tables but DJ got him.

"Tag you're it!" He yelled. "Jack's it!" He quickly ran away. Jack looked at me and smiled. He started sprinting towards me. I squealed and ran the opposite direction. I saw him right behind me when I suddenly dived under a table and he ran right past me and right into Braxton. I laughed and I heard DJ laughing.

"Tag you're it!" Jack said. "Braxton's it!" I saw a glimpse of Jack running. Braxton got closer to me though and tried to get me but I rolled back under the table to the other side. I stood up and looked around but I didn't see him. Than I felt something grab my foot. I screamed and looked down to see Braxton under the table and holding onto my ankle.

"Tag you're it!" Braxton yelled. "Gracie's it!" Braxton got up and quickly ran with his long legs. I giggled and quickly got up and ran after the closest person who was Jack but I couldn't catch him. I finally just stopped to catch my breath when I had an idea. When none of the were looking I dived under one of the tables and hid so that when they came past me I could grab them.