Chapter 5 Fast and Furious, Baby

My eyes struggled to move. I opened them slowly and saw nothing but a sight of the moon covered by gray clouds. Darkness had crept over everything. My hands were cold and I felt some crisp stuff beneath them. I looked down and realized I was sitting on a pool of dry leaves. My back was leaning on something . Then I remembered why.

Raver had been kidnapped and I foolishly volunteered as a tribute!

Good thing I managed to get out of the van and sat under this tree before I totally blacked out and fainted. My heart skipped a beat when I remembered how long I had missed out on saving Raver. My eyes scanned the place and saw the cabin with yellow lights popping out of its windows. I remembered to check my phone so I pulled it out out of my bra and realized that I was not invisible anymore.

Thank God the kidnappers still did not notice me!

I tried to turn on my phone but it was not turning on. 

Dead batt.

If Raver's still alive he might still be killed soon. His time was running out. I had no time to think if Nate was able to track me.

My heart was pounding again, fast and heavy at the same time. I stood up and pussyfooted my way to the cabin while brushing leaves and dirt off my back and butt. My legs were disappearing. I was going back to being invisible again, right on time!

I peeped on the window and saw two guys playing cards, smoking cigarettes, and drinking beer. I continued to sneak around and noticed a window with no light coming out of it.

The moonlight was enough for me to see a man sitting on a wooden chair. My heart skipped a beat again and started pumping much faster. I recognized the v-neck shirt and the broad shoulders. It was Raver. He was tied to the chair and looked like he was still unconscious because his head tilted down. I tried to open the window but I couldn't. I had to enter through the door.

I threw a big rock onto the window of the van's driver's seat to distract them. The rock shattered the glass and tipped off the alarm. The two guys came out rushing with guns drawn. They took cautious steps out of the house, looking left and right. I carefully made my way pass them to enter the door. The cabin was reeking of cigarette smoke and beer odor. I moved faster seeing that they were already near the van and busy shouting and figuring out what happened.

The other guy rushed back in and into the door of the room where Raver was kept. He unlocked it and walked in. I followed quickly and stealthily. He sighed in relief when he saw Raver. Trying my best to control my shaky hands, I snatched the keys that hung from his belt while he checked on the rope which was tied around Raver.

After making sure Raver was still tightly tied up, he went out and locked the door. I lunged on to Raver, grabbing him in both shoulders and shaking him up to wake him. After a few seconds, his forehead wrinkled and brows furrowed. He slowly opened his eyes. He fluttered in his seat and frantically scanned the room from side to side. He takes a deep breath and opens his mouth.

"A-"

I threw my palms onto his lips to stop him from talking or screaming. His eyes widened in surprise. Realizing I was still invisible, I kept my palms on his lips and started talking in low volume.

"Raver, I know you're seriously freaking out right now. You've been kidnapped by three men at school. They want ransom but they said they're still gonna kill you after." 

His lips, his soft lips were squirming under my palm making me blush. I knew it was not the right time to blush so I went back to talking.

"Don't scream. They'll hear you outside. I'm here to help you. I know you can't see me right now but please just trust me and don't freak out. I am not a ghost or something. I just drank a potion and somehow became invisible" His mouth stopped struggling and his eyebrows shot up. "I'm gonna untie you now. Please be quiet and just trust me." I said in an almost pleading tone. His forehead was relaxing so I slowly took my palms off of his mouth.

"Jade?" He asked in a shocked and confused tone and furrowed his brows again. He tried to lean forward but the rope around his body hindered him. I stood straight and checked on my hands. I was seeing them again. I looked back at him and his eyes moved up to my face. He tilted his head from left to right, as if fighting the darkness to take a good look at my face and reaffirm what he just asked.

"Uh, you know me?" I asked surprised and pleased, trying hard not to smile.

"Of course. I mean we're on the same level. We had same classes, right?" he narrowed his eyes as if my question made him unsure.

"Yeah, right, uh, okay, I, I'm gonna untie you now" I stuttered not knowing what to say and seriously happy about him acknowledging my presence in school.

I untied him as quickly as I can. I did not mind bruising my fingers because of the tightness of the knots as I freed his hands and helped him untie his legs and feet. Our heads moved closer and arms brushed together as we untied the knots behind his legs. His face was so close to mine his warm breaths were caressing my cheeks and making them feel like they were on fire. Good thing it was dark.

My heart started to beat faster again. I stood up knowing that he could already untie himself. I peeped through the window to see where the kidnappers were. One was roaming around the woods with a gun and a flashlight. The other one looked like he was taking the shards of the window off the seat while talking to someone over his phone.

Raver stood up and darted his eyes left and right.

"I have the key to the van. Let's go out the back door and wait for them to get inside." I whispered while walking to the door. I raised my shaky and clammy hand to reach for the knob and turn it quietly.

"Uhm, Jade, I can't see you again." He said with a hint of worry.

I looked at my hands and they were invisible again, so as my whole body. I went back to Raver, took his hand, and put it on my shoulder.

"Just take my lead." My voice was shaking.

He took a deep breath. "Okay, uhm, let's go." He whispered back with also a bit of nervousness evident in his husky voice. I felt my cheeks flame up again as I feel the weight of his hand on my shoulder. I could bet my cheeks could shame the color of Snow White's apple if they weren't invisible.

We crouched while we tiptoed our way out the back door. Then we hid behind the pile of logs on the side of the cabin. Seeing the two head back to the cabin, we cautiously made our way to the van. I handed him the key and we creeped into the van.

" Drive as fast as you can." I said, hearing the kidnappers furiously argue with each other.

"Fast and furious, baby!" He answered in utmost confidence. I looked at him and saw a grin on his face as if he was enjoying the thrill of this danger which I was fearfully dying to get out of.

But wait, did he just call me baby?

He turned on the engine and sped off like Vin Diesel. A feet away, I heard gun shots and shattering glasses. I instinctively docked down and screamed like hell.

He cursed under his breath. My body was bumping left and right. The wheels felt out of control. I looked forward and saw tree trunks almost hitting the sides of the van. My vision was getting blurry again and then I blacked out.