What's a Mate?

I dropped dinner off to my dad, he didn't look very happy at the amout of healthy food that was on his plate but his has to keep his health up. Now I'm headed over to Deaton's I hope I can catch him before he leaves.

~Time skippppppp~

I parked outside just as Deaton was locking the doors.

"Hey Deaton!" I called and waved jogging over to him.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows in thought.

"Its Stiles." I replied giving him a Stilinski grin as proof, he narrowed his eyes at me then simply stated 'Prove it.'

"Umm, I was the first one to say that Matt was controlling the kanim that turned out to be Jackson, remember when I would what you were and you would always reply with 'I'm a veterinarian' and that god awful buzz cut I had.

He looked me up and down then brought me into a big bear hug.

"Oh, I've missed you so much Stiles!. Now what can I do for you?"

"I just had a question" he nodded signaling for me to continue "What does it mean when a shapeshifters eyes glow pink?" He looked at me wide eyed the turned around unlocking the door then told me to come inside. I went inside and sat on one of the metal benches, waiting for him to begin.

"So I assume you not human anymore" he looked over to me questioning, I nodded confirming his beliefs. "So Stiles, shape shifters have something called a mate, every shape shifter has one. People spend their whole lives searching for their mates, but only extremely lucky shapeshifters actually find them." He concluded I looked at him.

"What's a mate?"

"Mate is short for soul mate, your mate is the person you spend the rest of your life with and the person  who will love you unconditionally." My mouth dropped open in an 'O' shape, I let all this information sink in then let a goofy grin spread across my face Jackson was my mate, he was mine and I was his.

"Thank you Deaton!" I exclaimed pulling a happy looking Deaton into a hug, careful not to hurt him with my extra strength.

I know I said this chapter would be longer but that was a lie, oh well. Jackson is Stiles' mate! what's Stiles going to do about it? And how Will Jackson and the rest of the pack react? Will Jackson join Stiles' pack?