Terrors Of The Night

9:09 PM, July 2nd

Dick slowly walked through the halls of Wayne Manor, looking at each room as he passed by. He stopped in front of his room and turned the doorknob with ease. In a few quick seconds he found himself sitting on his bed. He went to lay down but looked around first. Finally realizing that he had done something wrong. He had done the worst thing imaginable when it came to bed time.

He had shut the door completely. There was no light in the room. Without the door open, the light protecting him from monsters was gone. Now, he was just bait in a small pond waiting for a piranha to come eat it.

His eyes locked on the door handle. He had to do it, he knew he could...well he hoped he could. But that didn't mean that it didn't have to be done, if he wanted to survive the night there had to be light in the room.

The problem with that would be avoiding the terrifying, most likely huge monster under the bed and in the closet, the one outside the window would take a bit longer to get in. He looked around the room again to make sure the monsters weren't already trying to get him. When he didn't see anything the second time he swung his legs over the side of the bed.

He took a deep breath before he lowered his feet to the ground. Once they hit the ground he was off, though the doorknob seemed to get farther away as he ran and soon he was sweating from the running and the fear of not getting caught. Soon he was so close to the door handle it would only take a few more steps, but as soon as he took another he heard loud thunderous footsteps coming towards him, followed with a low growling noise. His eyes went wide and he went even faster his feet were barely even hitting the ground now because of how fast he was going.

Then out if nowhere it grabbed him with it's large vicious teeth and dragged him towards the bed. He couldn't see it but he struggled against it, soon though other monsters joined and pulled him towards the bed, the light that shined on the doorknob like a spotlight fading away, and with one last tug they took him to the black portal under the bed where all the monsters were waiting to feast on him.

He finally stopped thinking about all the possibilities of what could happen to him getting up to open the door. So instead, he pulled his knees up to his chest and covers the blanket over them, then he put his head on his knees and cried. He cried because the monsters would get him and no one would be there to protect him now. He wanted his Mom and Dad but they couldn't protect him from the monsters anymore, they were gone, just like he was going to be when the monsters got to him.

No, he didn't want his Mom and Dad, he wanted Bruce because Bruce would protect him from the monsters and make sure he was safe and that the monsters never came back. But he couldn't have Bruce, because Bruce was still at work and he wouldn't be home for a while. Alfred was probably on the other side of Wayne Manor by now, but it didn't matter because he didn't want Alfred, he wanted Bruce.

__________________________________

10:53 PM, July 2nd

Bruce Wayne was exhausted. He had a late night from catching up on most of the stuff he had missed from when he took Dick in. He had been gone for about two weeks after, and he just came back this morning. He couldn't wait to get home and go to bed, but that would have to wait because Batman was just waking up.

The drive home was only a few minutes. He parked his car and headed towards the door. He heard Alfred greet him from the kitchen when he walked in. He had a brief conversation with Alfred before heading up to Dick's room to check on him.

As he was about to open the door, he heard a soft whimper come from inside the room. A look of confusion came onto his face, before opening the door. When he opened the door he was shocked to see Dick sitting up trembling with tears streaming down his face and his eyes squeezed shut.

Bruce was at Dick's side in a matter of seconds. "Dick what's wrong?" He asked worried he might be hurt. The only response he got was Dick putting his arms around his neck. They sat like that for a few minutes before Dick let go. Bruce took that as a chance to ask what had happened.

"T-the m-monsters were going t-to get me" Dick replied while trying to control his breathing. Realization dawned on Bruce, The kid was afraid of the dark.

"Its alright, there's no monsters here. Alfred scared them away a long time ago." Bruce told the boy, knowing he wouldn't believe him if he just said 'monsters aren't real'. Bruce looked down at the floor and saw a Batman plushie and an idea came to his mind. He instantly picked it up and Dick tilted his head to the side a little like a confused puppy. 

"You know, I may not be here all the time but if you have this it will protect you." He said handing it to him. Dick looked at it then back at Bruce.

"How?" The one question Bruce hoped he wouldn't ask, but had an answer for anyway.

"Well it shields you from monsters, and it can alert Batman if you need any help." Bruce replied casually.

"Really? That's cool!" Dick said excitedly wiping his tears on the sleeve of his pajamas.

"Yep, now its time for bed it's getting pretty late" Bruce said as he chuckled quietly. Dick lay down in the bed and pulled the covers over him.

"Goodnight Bruce" he replied while he yawned.

"Goodnight Dick" Bruce said as he closed the door, making sure to leave it open a crack.

"You handled that well, Sir." A voice said making Bruce jump.

"Alfred! Don't do that!"

"I wasn't aware I could scare you anymore, Master Bruce."  Alfred said raising an eyebrow. Bruce instantly straightened up.

"I wasn't scared."

"Of course you weren't."

First, sorry if this seemed a little rushed it was about 4 in the morning when I wrote this.
Second, I'm going to try to have three chapters up by this month since it took me three months to update.
Third, Thank you for all the comments and votes it means a lot! Make sure to leave more:)

Stay Whelmed and Feel The Aster!