ii

I'd half convinced myself that the whole thing with the mysterious guys was a dream. I woke up the next morning confused as to whether it had actually happened, though a chance encounter made me realise it was all too real.

I was sat in the park, headphones in as i watched the world go by. I always liked to sit in this park, on this particular bench for some reason, just for some me time. But today it was different. It wasn't the relaxing break I usually got, I wasn't alone, and I didn't get to watch the world go by because my eyes were glued to him.

He didn't see me at first, though I'd spotted him across the park. He walked over - looking suspicious, I might add - and sat on the other end of the bench.

"You look suspicious as hell, y'know?" i raised a brow as i pulled my earphones out.

He looked over at me and stood up, his eyes widened and I could see that he was about to run.

"Hey, I'm just letting you know," i said, raising my hands in defense, "i feel like you've got a reason act suspicious but you're gonna get caught straight up if you keep it up."

He frowned at me, slowly sitting back down. "There's a guy after me," was all he said.

"I know," i nodded, "i sent him the wrong way last night when he followed you."

"Really?!" he laughed.

"Yeah, he went down that alley and back the way you guys came from," i chuckled, "i figured you didn't want him to find you."

"Thank you," he said running a hand through his hair, "you're a legend, honestly."

"I try," i smirked, "who is he anyway?"

"That doesn't matter," he lied, "what's your name anyway?"

"Y/n," i told him, "what's yours?"

"Nice name," he nodded, "i'm Mikey."

"Well, Mikey, I can't be distracted that easily, who's the guy?" i chuckled.

"Name's Beaumont," he told me, "he wants me dead."

"Am I gonna regret asking why?"

"Nah, it's not too bad," he chuckled, "i stole a couple things."

I raised a brow and he gave me an innocent smile, "i'm a nice guy, I swear."

"Sure you are," i chuckled.

"I am, I just like to steal things," he shrugged, "plus there's whole story behind it - I didn't just go and nick his stuff."

"Let me guess, he started it?"

He laughed, "pretty much."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "thought so."

"Anyway, whatcha listening to?" he asked, grabbing my earphones that were dangling out of my shirt.

"Overload," i told him, but he didn't hear me as he put the earphones in his ears.

He nodded along for a moment before dropping them, "not terrible, I guess."

"Hey, they're by favorite band," i nudged him.

"I've heard better," he chuckled.

"Hm, sure you have."

He laughed and pulled his phone out, flicking through it before showing me his music. I had to admit, there was some bangers.

"Told you."

"Shut up," i laughed, though he shushed me when his phone started ringing.

He answered it quickly, "yep? Okay. Yeah, I'll sort it. Later."

"Nothing," he told me as he hung up, seeing my curious look.

I raised a brow. "Shut up," he chuckled and stood up, grabbing my arm to pull me with him.

"You still look super suspicious, by the way," i looked up at him. He was all in black, hood up, head down.

He rolled his eyes playfully, "what do you want me to do?"

"Take the hoodie off, at least," i said, tugging at the sleeve.

He took it off and fixed his shirt, "better?"

I nodded. "And do you really need the bandana right now?" I asked him, looking at the bandana around his neck, which I assumed was to cover his face.

"I do, in case someone sees me," he smirked.

"Fine," i chuckled as we continued walking.

It was after about five minutes that he stopped me, throwing his hoodie at me, "put it on."

I hesitantly put it on and he threw his arm around me, keeping his head down and pulling down a little side street.

"What are we doing?" i whispered.

"Beaumont," he whispered back, nodding to a walking figure a few feet ahead.

"Did he see you?" i questioned.

He shrugged and kept behind him. There was a forest at the end of the road, and I didn't like where this seemed to be going.
I watched Beaumont walk through the little gate into the forest, then felt Mikey throw my hood over my head.

"Don't let him fucking see you," i was told as we walked through the gate after him.

----------