chapter four

rye.beaumxnt is typing...

I gulped nervously. What was he going to say? I don't know why it was making me nervous; I hate this guy. I looked back down at my phone and noticed he had stopped typing. I frowned.

andy_fowler: ???
rye.beaumxnt is typing...

I tapped my fingers against my phone anxiously.

"Yo, Fowler!" A familiar female voice snapped my from my thoughts. I turned to see me co-worker, Dani, looking at me with her arms folded against her chest.

"Yeah?" I asked, placing my phone down on the counter.

"You gonna help us clean up or what?" She asked, tossing the tea-towel over her shoulder.

"Yeah.. yeah sorry, I was just texting someone." I responded.

"Well hurry up and text them, I want to go home." Dani whined. I smiled and returned to my phone.

rye.beaumxnt: can i tell u sumthing?

I rolled my eyes at his awful grammar.

andy_fowler: Uh I guess so?

This is where my nerves really started to kick in. He could tell me anything. It could be something personal. On the other hand, it could be a trick and he could just insult me.

rye.beaumxnt: never mind it's stupid.

I frowned. I decided to text him later when we had closed up shop. Dani threw the brush over and I caught it with ease. I began brushing the floor when music suddenly started blaring. I turned around and saw Dani smirking as 'Fast Car' by 'Tracy Chapman' came through the speakers. I smiled and quietly sang along.
•••
Finally me, Dani and my other co-worker George finished cleaning the cafe and started to close up shop.

"I guess I'll see you guys next week." I smiled as George locked the doors. I work Monday-Friday, so I get the weekend off.

"We'll miss you!" Dani cried dramatically. I rolled my eyes with a small chuckle as she pulled me into a hug. I happily returned the favour and hugged her back. I gave George a high-five and the three of us went our separate ways.

When I got home my parents were knocked out. I sighed and made my way upstairs. I sat on my bed cross-legged and pulled out my phone.

andy_fowler: what were you going to tell me earlier?
rye.beamxnt: i told u its stupid. y do u care anyway?
andy_fowler: look i'm just trying to be nice. why can't you just accept that?
rye.beaumxnt: thats what i can't understand. why are you suddenly being nice to me when all i've done is made your life miserable?

My mind puzzled at his sudden change of grammar, but pushed it aside and continued typing.

andy_fowler: because I still worry. There's a lot of people in this world that I hate but I feel guilty knowing that they're not okay and ignoring them. It's just the way I am.

Rye left me on 'read' after that. I didn't really know what to say so I just left it at that. Although it did get me thinking;
Is he from a world broken like mind?