Chapter 1 Missing

Chapter 1 Missing

Briar POV

Hi my name is Briar DiLaurentis and I'm the younger sister of Jason and Alison. Ali and I were close as kids, I used to look up to her. Ali and I still talk but it's not the same as before. Jason and I have gotten closer over the years but not as close as Ali and I were though. I was about to go to the brew to hang out with Mike when My sister comes into my room.

"Ali do you mind" I say as she goes through my bag.

"Briar where did you put it?"

she asks me, I give her a confused look. she says it again raising her voice, "where did you put my phone charger?"

I yell back, "I don't know where it is I didn't touch it."

She looks at me for a second and then says, "fine B, pretend you don't know where it is but I better have it back in my room where I kept it."

With that she leaves my room, and a couple minutes later I hear the door downstairs slam shut. I grab my purse and my phone and leave the house.
—————————time skip—————-
Mike's POV
I just finished getting ready, and now looking for my phone which I swear was on my bed just a second ago. I look around my room to find my phone on the ground and pick it up sliding it into my pocket and heading out to meet Briar at the brew.
—————————time skip——————
As I enter the brew I see Briar sitting there with a flowery dress that fits her perfectly, her brown hair is in its natural curly state. I cant help but stare at how pretty she is. I order my coffee and meet her at the spot she chose for us to hang out. I put my drink down and she gets up and she gives me a hug which I gladly return. After we release each other from the hug we sit down across from each other. As we sit down and talk I notice she's playing with her bracelet the one I got her for her birthday.

"Briar are you okay?" I ask her.

"Uh y-yeah I'm fine, why do you ask?" she says with a smile and takes a sip from her drink.

"Well because your playing with your bracelet." She only plays with her bracelet when she's worried, or crossed with herself.

As I say that she stops playing with her bracelet and looks up at me and says,

"Ali and I got into another argument, I don't know what I'm even doing wrong to cause her to get mad at me."

"Your doing nothing wrong B, Ali just likes to take her anger off on everyone" I say this knowing that Ali can be cruel and mean at times especially to Briar.

"Do you want to go for a walk?"she asks

"Sounds good to me" I say and we grab our drinks and she grabs her purse and we head out.
———-—————time skip———————
Briar POV
I just don't get why my sister is like this. I have seen the way she treats her friends it isn't the greatest.

"Hi Mona" I say as Mona walks up to us.

"Hi Briar, Mike. Briar can you tell your sister I said hi," Mona says with a smile.

"Yeah sure thing Mona, enjoy  your summer"  I say to her and smile. I don't know why my sister is mean to her. She seems like such a nice person.

"Yeah Same with you two" she says and walks away.

"Mike, can I ask you something?" I ask playing with my bracelet.

"Yeah of Course, B" he says with a smile and stands in front of me.

"Am I anything like my sister?" I ask nervously still playing with my bracelet.

"Briar DiLarentis, you are nothing like your sister. You are caring, your nice, your compassionate, beautiful and the one girl I want to be with" he says with a smile.

Wait did Mike just ask me out?

"Did you just ask me out?" I ask with a smile.

"Yes I did Briar what do you say do you want to be my girlfriend" He asks with a bright smile.

"Yes I would like to be your girlfriend" I say and the rest of the day was spent just the two of us hanging out, and having fun.

It was nice spending time with Mike. We lost track of time because when Jason walked in the brew it was dark outside. Jason walked up to us and said, "Briar what are you still doing out?"

"Jason it's summer I wanted to go out" I say confused at why he was asking me this.

"Briar it's 10:35, Common I'll drive you two home" Jason replied.

"Thanks Jason" I say grabbing my purse.

"thanks Jason" He replies getting up from the table.

"No problem" Jason smiles and the three of us walk out the Grill.

"Bye Mike" I say before Mike gets out of the car.

"Bye Briar, Thanks Jason again for the ride." Mike states before closing the car door and leaving.

"No problem" Jason replies before starting the car and heading to our house.

"Briar whats been going on with you and Ali?" He asks.

"I don't know she just came into my room and accused me of taking her phone charger." I explain.

"Ok and you and Mike?" He asks knowing the answer.

"Mike and I started dating" I say smiling. I've had a crush on Mike for the longest time and he finally asked me out.

"So he finally had the guts to ask you" he mumbles not so quietly.

"Wait, you knew?" I ask surprised.

"Yes of course I knew Briar, he asked me for advice" he explains in a duh kind of voice.

"Okay" is the only thing that escapes my mouth. Mike asked Jason for advice that's a first.

When we finally get home I see my parents sitting down in the living room, by their expressions I know for a fact that I am in trouble.

"Briar where were you?" Mom asks raising her voice

"I was out with Mike" I say

"Okay but that doesn't explain why you didn't answer my calls" dad said getting more angry with me.

"I must of had my phone off" I say

"You didn't even tell us where you were" Mom cuts in.

"Well I didn't think I had to tell you where I was going since Ali doesn't have to" I snapped back, walking upstairs.

"Where do you think your going, were not done talking to you" Dad says raising his voice.

"I'm tired so I'm going to get some sleep" I explain and leave.
———————time skip——————-
I wake up to hear sirens. I walk down the stairs to see my parents with shocked and sad faces, I also see Jason standing there shocked. I don't know what's going on until I hear one of the police officers saying,
"we will file a report."

"File a report for who?" I ask the officer.

That's when I hear another officer say the one thing that can change everything.

"A missing report for fifteen year old Alison DiLarentis will be made, we will find any information we can about what happened tonight."