Heroes Don't Die

You coughed up more blood and looked at your crying brother.

"Saitama, I don't want you to cry. These things happen when you take dangerous jobs. This can happen when you're a hero. I want you to work hard no matter what, you hear me?" He nodded and sniffled "No more fights, I don't want you getting hurt again. I know it's gonna be hard without me but I'm sure you'll be fine."

You looked at Silver Fang and he nodded. Saitama sniffled and your dim eyes looked at him.

"Hey, lighten up a bit. I already said it's gonna be okay," You smiled and he clenched his fists.

"How can you smile!? You're dying! I can't lighten up! My sister is dying right in front of me! You're going to leave me alone just like mom and dad!" He yelled angrily.

You looked up into the sky with a dreamy smile.

"Oh yeah, mom and dad are up there. We'll be watching you from there so you won't be alone. I could be your guardian angel. And we can see you be a hero someday, hmm?" His eyes widened in shock and you let out a shaky sigh.

"I-I love you, little bro."

Your skin paled and your hand went limp. Your eyes slowly shut and the pain suddenly went away. Everyone bowed their heads in respect and cried tears for you. But Saitama was the one feeling the real pain, he couldn't except it. He grabbed your shoulders and roughly shook you.

"Wake up! Wake up! This is the worst joke! It's not funny!" The adults looked at the boy sadly as he cried "NO! YOU'RE NOT DEAD! WAKE UP! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

He grabbed your hand and whimpered as he felt the acid burn him.

"...Oh Saitama, don't cry."

* * * *

Saitama stood up as soon as the story ended and walked toward the door. Genos followed him to the hallway.

"Master, where are you going?"

"I'll be back, can you clean my house or something? It'll count as training."

As soon as he heard 'training' Genos went straight to work. But as he was cleaning, he found a picture of you and a little boy (with hair).

He looked about 7 or 8 years old and you were kissing his cheek as he crossed his arms and blushed. Genos squinted and realized who they were.

"Is this Master and the Venom?" Genos thought as he watched his master walked down the street and continued to clean.

* * * *

Saitama went down to the flower shop and bought (f/f) and walked toward the graveyard. It still looked brand new like someone had been polishing it over the years. He gazed at your stone face and placed the flowers on your gravestone.

He casually started a conversation. He told you the usual, how was his day, talk about Genos, and occasionally complain about something stupid. Flashbacks of you started to come back to him.

"(Y/n)! You're home!

"Hey little bro! How've you been doing?"

He clenched his fists.

"Who's that Saitama?"

"That's me! I'm gonna be a hero like you and we'll fight all the bad guys together!"

(Y-Y/n)? You're leaving again, aren't you?"

The sky turned gray. Rain started to pour.

"Keep him safe, Bang!"

"(Y/N) MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!"

"Well I guess that's over with."

Sobs crept up his throat.

"I know it's going to be hard without me but I'm sure you'll be fine"

"How can you smile!?"

"I could be your guardian angel"

"And we can see you be a hero someday, hmm?"

"I-I love you, little bro."

"Wake up! Wake up!"

"NO! YOU'RE NOT DEAD! WAKE UP! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

Saitama finally lost it and punched a nearby tree, sending it 3 miles away. He dropped on his knees and let it all out while the cold rain fell on his back.

The grief hit him hard and he didn't care who saw him, he just wanted to see you again. He cried for God knew how long, letting all his misery out in sobs. Then a familiar warmth covered him.

"Hey little bro, you're going to catch a cold like this!"

He looked up and his eyes widened. You were holding an umbrella as you smiled at him. You were wearing normal clothes, before you became a hero. He reached toward you and your eyes softened.

"(Y/n)?"

As soon as he touched you, your form faded into flower petals.

"W-wait! Come back!"

He flayed his arms around trying to reach you and you let one tear fall. He desperately kept trying to grab you but you gave him a proud smile.

"You did it, little bro. You became a hero! Live for me and kill all the bad guys. One day, we'll see each other again, I promise."

He cried out as you completely faded. The man wanted to go rot in a hole. He wanted his sister back but he couldn't have that.

Remembering your words, he smiled up into the sky as the clouds parted and a stream of sunlight glowed on your grave.

"See you soon,(Y/n)."