Offerings

Avocato sacrificed himself to keep his son and his friends safe. He gave Gary one task, and one task only. His last words will always remain ringing in Gary's head;

"Take care of my boy."

Or, so Gary thought.

"Is he breathing yet?" Lord Commander's intimidating, gravelly voice muttered to the surgeon he had ordered to resuscitate his past ally, Avocato.

"Y...Yes. He should be..mostly okay, within a few weeks.."

Lord Commander impatiently hummed in response and went back to his headquarters to think.

The Ventrexian who remained loyal by his side as his second in command for quite some time. He recalled watching Avocato fly through the ranks, improving himself almost every day. He was a keeper...until the day came where everyone including Avocato and people in similar high ranks as his were made to execute their firstborns, officially pledging full allegiance to Lord Commander.

Avocato couldn't do it. He wouldn't.

It disappointed Lord Commander, he had his expectations quite high. Avocato really did care for his son. He could see that.

It would be a shame if someone were to use the love he had for his son against him.

Its been hours after the surgery had been over.

Avocato woke up, unable to tell what was happening and where he was. His vision was blurred. He waved a hand near the side of his left eye, completely unable to see the motion of his hand in his peripheral vision. He wasn't able to see in that eye at all, really. The explosion most likely damaged his eye, permanently blinding it. Bummer.

"Ah, finally. Took you long enough to wake up...old friend." Avocato recognized Lord Commander's bitter voice almost immediately, which caused his ear to twitch as he turned his head toward the small alien's direction. Avocato couldn't even speak. He didn't know what to say.

"You're probably very lost. Let me explain, Avocato." Lord Commander spoke almost sympathetically, but Avocato didn't trust it. He knew this was going to be some sort of twisted game that he was going to get pulled into. That's always the case.

"After your little...heroic act..that you pulled to keep your son safe, you died. An explosion sort of does that." Lord commander explained. "But, of course, I couldn't let such an opportunity go to waste. I took your body and had someone fix you up."

"What opportunity?" Avocato forced the words out of him, sounding impatient and frustrated. He wanted answers. Now.

"The opportunity to give YOU an opportunity." Lord commander had a suspicious look in his eyes. Avocato could tell he truly was up to no good, but it was to be expected.

"What the hell does that mean?!"

"You'll find out...eventually. Let's just say it's an opportunity not worth passing. Until then, you need time to heal." Lord Commander smiled, his eyebrows furrowed.

As the tiny overlord turned around and left, Avocato grumbled to himself, hating the thought of having to stay here for weeks just to get better. He'd much rather be back on the galaxy one with Quinn, Little Cato, and Gary. Especially Gary. They're all probably..no, CERTAINLY, convinced he's dead after he pulled that stupid stunt. It made him feel sicker than he already did, which is saying a lot.

Avocato slowly pulled the blanket off of him, noticing the IVs that were stuck under the skin of his hands and arms, shuddering. That sort of crap always made him experience a lot of discomfort.

He forced himself out of the bed which followed a groan in pain, dragging the wheeled rack that held the IV bags along behind him as he walked, or rather limped, towards a window to see the outside, mainly looking for the entrance of the area.

Guards. Lots of guards.

Right, of course. This is Lord Commander for God's sake. He's expected to be this cautious with the man who managed to escape his clutches several times.

Avocato sighed in disappointment, cursing to himself for not expecting that. Who wouldn't expect it, honestly..?

He headed back to the bed, deciding to sleep the remaining soreness and loopiness off.