Significant of the Insignificant

The eyes of one merely touches the boundaries of the other and stops there, never going farther. This happens to us everyday, yet we never correct it. Some are grieving, depressed, scared, but some are happy, excited, and overjoyed.
We rarely ask why, and that is the mistake.

||<>|| Significant of the Insignificant ||<>||

  "Never ignore a gut feeling, but never believe that it is enough." -Robert Heller

The streets were bustling with life. Children followed close behind their mothers, afraid to lose them. Giggles and laughs were exchanged every now and then, and the occasional yell was heard.
Men in thick black suits and briefcases dashed around the streets, not caring to mutter an apology after bumping into multiple townsfolk.
Tourists glanced around with excitement, as places like this at home were unbelievable and simply did not exist.

Quickly, the sun grew exhausted and laid behind the landscape, sleeping soundly as the silver sliver of the moon shone in the approaching darkness.

The city that never slept was to be never asleep.

The streets had only the occasional passerby however, and it was never like the early hours of the morning. Even as most were asleep, a pinch of people were still running around, without a care in the world of what was happening nearby.

With ease, one could see the blond-haired woman running across the Big Apple, muttering curses under her melodic voice. Small white lines and purple spots covered her pale skin, yet the ones that were still out did not notice. After all, what was so important about a random woman?
Exactly that.
The importance of the woman was that she existed. No, nothing is special about her birth, except for new possibilities and paths to open up for the family of the blond-haired woman. The insignificant were significant.

Her startling eyes looked up, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she saw no one in sight. Pulling up her white sleeve, she rubbed the tender spot.
It hurt like hell, but there was nothing to do about it.
And so, the significant woman carried on her way.

An aged man with a slight stub and brown eyes smiled widely as he walked throughout the big city filled with the many others like himself.
Wrinkles from smiling and aging were clear on his face, but that only made others allow him to approach them.
The night was dark, yet the hopeful stars in the sky provided a basic light, as well as a few light posts on the occasional corner, lighting his way.

The blond-haired woman from earlier passed the aged man, calculating eyes scanning over him. She stopped, noticing his bubbly and happy personality.

The man stopped as well, his soft eyes taking in the younger woman, the smile turning into a small one. His eyes caught the white lines and faint purple spots on her skin. He stopped, noticing her quiet, yet sad personality.

Both looked at each other, before the air started to become stiff and tense. The man's muscles stiffened, before greeting the woman in a bubbly tone.
"Hello! Are you enjoying this wonderful evening!"
The woman glanced strangely at the aged man, before responding politely.
"Yes, it is quite an evening."
She spoke, eyes darting at the sky.
Her lips continued to reply, no chance for the man to answer.
"Well, I must be going now."
The blond-haired woman replied quickly, turning away and hurriedly getting away from the man.
From that moment, he realized the significance of the insignificant.
And vowing to make sure everyone knew that.
And he left.
Without a sound.