good for you | Latrelle

Requested by: kaylawi11

-

This was awkward.

You stood next to Latrelle in your bedroom, your best friends across from you staring at you in shock.

"Were they just..." Monse started off, breaking the silence.

"Kissing? Well that's what it sure looked like!" Jamal exclaimed, waving his arms around.

Ruby sighed, watching as Cesar's face twisted into one of anger, "Ay dios mio."

Cesar's voice was harsh, "What are you doing with him!?"

Latrelle rolled his eyes at Cesar's words. "You better watch what you say, man."

"I wasn't talking to you, pequeño mierda!" Cesar snapped, taking a step towards Latrelle.

"The hell did you just call me!?"

You realized what was about to happen and stepped in front of Latrelle, being a barrier between the two fuming teenage boys.

"Cesar, stop! He's here because I want him to be here. He's my boyfriend, okay!"

The room went quiet at your outburst.

"Boyfriend." They all whispered at the same time, exchanging looks with each other.

"Y/N, you know what he did. What he does. Why?" Monse asked. Instead of looking at you with her usual kind eyes they looked...angry.

You knew the time would come when you would have to tell them you and Latrelle were together. You just didn't expect it to be this way.

"I understand how you guys must be feeling, but hear me out. Latrelle is a good guy and he cares about me like I care about him. So please give him a chance."

Latrelle was silent behind you, not saying a word.

"I can't believe this. I'm out." Cesar said, leaving your room. One by one the rest of your 'friends' walked out, following behind him.

"C'mon Ruby, not you too." You could hear your voice crack as you called out to your closest friend.

He frowned, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, princesa."

And just like that, they were gone.

You felt an arm wrap around you, wrapping you into an embrace. Latrelle wiped tears from your eyes that you didn't even know were there.

"Don't worry about them baby, I'm here." His voice helped soothe the pain in your heart just a little.

Latrelle comforted you for the rest of the night, even though he himself was angry at the way they treated you.

After that things weren't the same. The squad avoided you at school, and you could occasionally hear Cesar mutter something about how you ditched him for Latrelle.

You were confused, wasn't he over that already? You and Cedar had dated in the past, it wasn't for long though. It only lasted for a month or two until you realized it was best if you stayed friends. You thought he was over it by now but apparently not.

-

You were walking home from school one day when you heard someone call your name.

"Y/N!"

In confusion, you turned around, noticing the voice immediately.

"Ruby?"

The boy jogged up to where you were. "Hey, Y/N, I was, saw you-"

You noticed how it of breath he was, "Breathe."

After catching his breath he stood up straight. "I wanted to talk to you."

You narrowed your eyes, "Unless your apologizing I don't want to hear it."

"Wait! Please, I'm not here to ridicule you." He said frantically.

You nodded, motioning for him to continue.

"The group and I, and we weren't sure why you were with him at first. We were kinda hurt you didn't tell us. And Cesar was so upset because of, well, him being a Santos and all. With your history with him and stuff."

You heard yourself sigh, "Where are you going with this, Ruby?"

"After the...fight, we noticed how happy you were with Latrelle. How he would help you and protect you. We saw you laugh for the first time in months."

You thought back to before you had started dating Latrelle. You were depressed after your Mom died and Latrelle helped you out of your depression.

"We realized how hard were on you and how we overreacted. And we wanted to apologise and make things right."

"Then how come the group isn't here with you, huh?" You questioned, folding your arms.

Ruby looked down, "They were afraid you wouldn't want to speak to them so they sent me. Y/N, the squad isn't the same without you. Everyone is upset and we all miss you. Even the twins ask about you."

You could feel yourself getting emotional. They were really sorry?

"I forgive you all. But, how would we do this if they don't accept Latrelle as my boyfriend?"

"They are willing to do that, Y/N. But we just want to know one thing."

"What is it?"

"Is he really good for you?"

Your eyes widened a bit at the question, but you answered geniunely.

"I've never loved someone more, Ruby. I need him and he needs me. If you guys can accept that, then I'm more than happy to rejoin the group."

Ruby smiled at you answer, placing a hand on your shoulder reassuringly.

"Y/N, you never left."

-
I was nervous writing this lol. Sorry if Latrelle is a little ooc. I don't know his character super well but I tried my best ❤