Chapter 13

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

Two days ago, before all of this terror has started, I never thought that a normal-looking day could turn into a horrifying turn of events. Turning everyone into flesh-eating monsters, without mercy, loss of humanity.

Slowly, I took a step backward exiting the room, staring at Melissa who's tied up on a chair inside the stockroom. Her once flawless skin has now completely turned pale, the purple veins on her body looked like it's gonna pop out of her skin. She showed me a weak smile on her face and uttered the word "goodbye" and on that very moment, all of the tears that I am holding back flowed down on my cheeks waving my hand to bid goodbye.

Kevin slowly closed the door but I still tried to wave at her until the door was fully closed. I turned around and I saw the worried and sad faces around me, especially Aaron.

Kevin, on the other hand, was too worried about the time so we decided to start walking to the principal's office. It was only a ten minutes walk from here so I hope there won't be any danger along the way.

Everyone was quiet as we walk, where the only thing I can hear was our footsteps and the crunch of the ground every step we take. Thank god there are no signs of any monsters on our way and I can already see the building where the principal's office is located. Just like the other buildings, the walls are colored in milky white while the roof is painted green.

Finally, we have arrived at our destination and stopped in front of the building. I looked around and there are still no signs of monsters.

Where the fuck are they?

Though their presence freaks me out their absence also makes me anxious and nervous at the same time because they might pop up like a ghost and attack us anytime.

I gazed at the building in front of us, it is a two-storey building and the principal's office is located on the second floor.

"We need to get the key to the school bus first, and I only need two volunteers to come with me," Kevin said as all of us stared at each other's faces wondering who will volunteer. Aaron is still carrying Alexis on his back so he can't volunteer. The younger ones can't volunteer either since they're too vulnerable. I looked at Elio but he was looking down, well, it's a sign that he won't volunteer. I glanced at Michael and he just mouthed the word 'No'. That leaves Troy, Audrey, Lauren and me. Troy, as expected, volunteered and so did I.

Kevin was about to say something but Lauren suddenly volunteered herself that made me look at her and she was totally confident.

"I said I only need two volunteers."

"I know but haven't you heard about that quote that says, 'the more the merrier,'" Lauren said very confidently that made me chuckle. Kevin just sighed and has no choice but to allow Lauren to go with us making her smile grew wider.