Strange Events and Unknown Dangers

I looked down at the papers that were just handed out. They were all about arguments and details within a story. Everyone else had already gotten to work, probably because they just wanted to get it done so they didn't have to do it the tomorrow, plus the day was almost over anyway and the school buses were already waiting outside. After a long while of looking at the papers I finally started to read the words. Before I knew it, the bell rang, I hadn't even written a single word on the paper, I just stared at the words, how long was I staring at nothing? Or as I normally say it, how long was I staring into the Void? After finally realizing what was happening, I shoved the papers into my open binder on the floor and closed it, picking up my chair and putting it in a pile with the others. I looked to see that someone was trying to leave before being dismissed, surprisingly he managed to get away with it along with many others from the different classes, getting ready for the bus before doing what they were supposed to do. After staring into the hall for who knows how long someone waved their hand in my face, I shook my head and looked at them.

"Stop staring into the void, you've been standing there for five minutes and the bus bell will be going off soon."
It was one of my friends, Kaitlyn, before today she was the one who usually stared into the Void all the time but today it was different, like we both just switched roles and personality. Before I could say something, the intercom beeped, the sound could even be heard from the hall. There was a moment of silence before it seemed like everyone in the staff room was yelling into a megaphone, but they weren't yelling, they were shouting.

"LOCK DOWN LOCK DOWN LOCK DOWN! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! CLOSE, LOCK AND BARRICADE YOUR CLASSROOM DOORS IMMEDIATELY!"
Soon everyone was shouting and running into their classes... well almost everyone. A few people just looked around and shrugged from what I could see, even the person that left our class just stood there and continued. But the teacher closed the door instantly, not even daring to look outside before barricading the main door to the classroom and then the back door with desks. None of the classes we knew of had locks except for one which was separate from the rest so a teacher was supposed to lock the doors that lead to the separate halls. I heard footsteps and yelling from what was probably another teacher yelling at the students that were still outside. Before a loud BANG! Ran through the hallway as the doors were slammed shut. There was movement to the corner of my eyes and I realized that the teacher was calling me over to the hiding spot, quickly I ran over and took cover under the desk with the other students, but since I was the last to get there I had to sit in front of everyone else. Noises were heard throughout the class as my classmates started to talk like it was some joke, the teacher quieting them quickly and making sure all students were here, she soon stopped and looked at all the students.

"Where's Brody C?"
Everyone began looking at each other before one of them spoke up.

"I saw him leave the class to go get ready for the bus"

A frustrated and worried sigh emitted from the teacher, "he better have gone to another class." I thought about what might've been outside the school that caused the lockdown, a logical explanation would be a bear or a pack of wolves or even someone with a gun (although not likely where I live). But I was a believer in things others didn't believe in, to me, it could be absolutely anything so hope for the best, but with the tone in the staffs voice hinted that it may be worse than a bear or pack of wolves.

There was a long while of silence before a student began talking, "I don't think there's anything th-" their voice was cut off by a loud smash and multiple screams as metallic clanking and footsteps broke any bit of silence other than the silence broken by the student that had shut himself up and covered his mouth. After maybe five minutes of screams and metallic clanks and footsteps, everything became quiet again and not a single student opened their mouths to speak or to even breath, they were trying their best to make as little noise as possible, each eye seeming to be struck by fear. I just sat there, looking at the ground, listening for any sounds, feeling for any vibrations of movement. There weren't any vibrations in the ground and no sounds, just a strange smell in the air, I knew this scent, but the name of what caused it slipped out of my mind before I could get a grip on it. Another minute latter there were mechanical footsteps approaching the door to the hall, they were so loud i thought that everyone in the school could hear them, mother student began talking but was instantly shushed by the others. Soon the locked door to the hall broke open, the glass on the doors sounding like they were shattered.