Lady Jeni

Brian unwillingly let go of Jeni's hand. He closed the front door behind them and rubbed his feet on the doormat, before removing his coat. He helped Jeni removing hers and closed his eyes to kiss her tenderly. He smiled at her and hanged their two coats on the coat rack. He also hanged his scarf, but Jeni did not want to take hers off. Even though she was with Brian right now, she still enjoyed smelling his scent through the woolen scarf! She turned to him and grabbed his hand, pronouncing her first words since they first kissed.

“I feel embarrassed to face Freddie and Roger, now” she whispered. “Aren't they going to tease us?”

“No, my love, don't worry. If they do, I'll kick their ass!” he chuckled.

She kissed him again, and they finally made their way to the living room, where Freddie and Roger were sitting, enjoying a beer. They were sitting one in front of the other, and Roger faced the entrance. Jeni caught a glimpse of Roger looking down and widely smiling. When both Brian and her entered the room, Roger's blue eyes looked up to them, and his smile stretched even more. He put down his bottle of beer and stood up, staring at them proudly. Freddie, who did not hear them coming, was wondering what was going on.

“Our two lovebirds are back!” Roger said in a soft voice.

Freddie turned round and his lips stretched into the same kind of smile as Roger's. He also stood up, and bypassed the couch to hug Jeni. Roger walked up to Brian and hugged him too.

“Congratulations, mate, you made it!” he whispered in his friend's ear.

“Thanks, buddy!”

“How do you feel?”

“More than great. I feel alive.”

The two friends chuckled and broke off their embrace. Freddie had just broken his with Jeni, rubbing her arm. Roger came to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, friendly staring at her, straight in the eyes.

“Jeni, Jeni... Let me tell you that's a great man you have here!”

“I've never doubted, Roggie!”

Brian smiled and blushed, looking down. Roger took Brian's hand, along with Jeni's, and made them touch. The two lovebirds were staring at each other with a happy grin on their faces. Freddie yawned and stretched his back.

“I'm extremely happy to know you're together, now, my darlings! But I must admit I'm exhausted.”

“Alright” Brian chuckled, “we should go to bed, now.”

They nodded and Brian took them three upstairs, holding Jeni's hand and making sure she would not trip because of her long dress. He walked up to the guest room and opened the door, switching on the light.

“I prepared a bed for each of you, Freddie and Rog.”

The two boys followed Brian inside the room and looked all around.

“That's perfect, Bri! Thank you very much!”

“You're welcome! The bathroom is next door, and please don't forget to turn off the tap when you finish using it!”

“Don't worry, we won't.”

“Alright. Do you have any pyjamas? I can lend you mine.”

“I have mine” Roger replied.

“I have mine too, Bri, thank you” Freddie added with a grin. “Well, goodnight, lovebirds!”

“Goodnight!”

Brian and Jeni got out of the guest room and closed the door behind them. Without saying a word, Brian took her to his bedroom and switched on the light.