Russian Roulette

You look across the table and into his cold, blue eyes as his skilled and veiny hands picks up the gun from the table, placing a single bullet into the cylinder of the revolver as you take a shaky breath.

Take a breath... Take it deep...

He looks up from the gun as he heard your shaky breath, snapping the cylinder into the gun with a quick move. 

"Calm yourself", he says to me... "If you play, you play for keeps, take the gun and count to three..." He nods as he looks at you serious, you nod a little and take the gun in your sweaty hand with a slight quivering lower lip.

I'm sweating now

Moving slow

Looking at the gun and feeling the heaviness of it in your hand, you swallow hard.

No time to think. My turn to go

Slowly he crosses his arms over his chest as he looks at you with a soft glance in his eyes this time, you look up in his eyes again from across the table, your feet bouncing restlessly under the table as your heartbeat was thundering in your chest.

And you can see my heart beating
You can see it through my chest

You look at him as you bite your lip a little, you look at the gun and put the barrel against your temple with another shaky breath.

Said I'm terrified but I'm not leaving
I know that I must pass this test
So, just pull the trigger (trigger)

You stare at him, trying to get your courage up as you were trying to contain yourself.

Say a prayer to yourself

You pray that this wouldn't be your last action.

He says  "Close your eyes, sometimes it helps..." He nods as he looks at you, you look in his eyes again then as he said that.

And then I get a scary thought

He looks back in yours with a smile on his lips, but with a glint in his eye.

That he's here - means he's never lost

He tilts his head to the side, grinning now, and you close your eyes to avoid looking at him and thinking of it. To think of the dozens of other times he had played this with others, and still be standing here in front of you telling you to pull the trigger while holding the gun against your own temple.

And you can see my heart beating

No, You can see it through my chest

You thought you could trust him, yet here he stands, grinning at you being so terrified of killing yourself in front of him, trusting him and he's grinning at you being scared.

Said I'm terrified but I'm not leaving
Know that I must pass this test

"So... just pull the trigger?"  He says while looking at you, and then everything starts flashing before your eyes.

As my life flashes before my eyes, I'm wondering will I ever see another sunrise? So many won't get the chance to say goodbye... But it's too late to think of the value of my life... 

You bite your lip silently as you felt Marshall's gaze was on you, you knew he could see you were scared, you knew it.

And you can see my heart beating
No, you can see it through my chest
Said I'm terrified but I'm not leaving no
Know that I must pass this test
You can see my heart beating
Oh, you can see it through my chest
I'm terrified but I'm not leaving no
Know that I must pass this test

So just pull the trigger... 

You take a shaky breath and bite your lip.

"Go on, you've taken long enough, Robyn..." He chuckles, with clear annoyance in his voice however.

And you then take another shaky breath. 

The trigger is pulled, but nothing happens to you as you pulled it. 

But a gunshot goes off. 

You open your eyes with big eyes as you saw Marshall holding a gun up pointed towards you, the barrel of the gun smoking as the shot had just came out of there. You slowly turn around as you hear a thud and frown as you saw this... dude with a man-bun laying on the floor with a bleeding forehead and staring blankly at nothing. 

"Uhm, who's that??" You frown and look back at Marshall as he shrugs. 

"Don't care, he annoyed me." He says and puts the smoking gun on the table while looking at you with a grin and taking your gun out of your hands. 

"Nice shot..." You mumble while watching his movements, Marshall puts the gun against his chin while looking at you. 

"I'd call it a Killshot." He chuckles with a crazy grin on his face and pulls the trigger while looking at you and the gun doesn't go off, he laughs a little amused and puts the gun down on the table while looking in your eyes. "Your turn..." He says, you look at the gun with big eyes... Oh god... Not again...